PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating printer to software

samiolne
10-05-2010, 10:39pm
When using Photoshop or similar software, my onscreen pictures do not match final printer output. I'm using a Canon IP 3000 inkjet. Firstly, how do I calibrate my onscreen viewing with the printer.

ricktas
11-05-2010, 6:59am
Let photoshop manage the colours, it is one of the options in the photoshop print menu screen, Also make sure you select the right paper.

Next question, is your screen calibrated using a screen calibrator like a Sypder, Color Munki, etc? It may very well be that your screen is way off, not your printer. So when you get it right on screen, it will print badly, due to the screen being uncalibrated.

Corakimick
27-05-2010, 5:01pm
I recently started using a Benq 2200 flat screen monitoir and its driving me mad when i try to print! I shoot RAW all the time , I use PSCS3 and i caliobrate with a spyder tool. My camera colour space is Adobe, my CS3 colousr space is adobe and I print with a Epsom R2400 printer with Epsom papers. I have the paper profiles and I allways use 'let ps control color ' options but the photos are allways too dark and the color is not as contrasty as it was when i used my old monitor.
I have read that some flat screen monitors cannot be calibrated ???

I experimented with the Srgb colous space y'day and surprise surprise i found if i set the camera (5d), the CS3 color space to sRGB and the printer settings to 'let printer manage color ' voila I get a great result ??

I spose i shouldn't complain if it works but am i missing some great tonal range or wotever ??
Any feeedback would be appreciated.
Thx Mick

ricktas
27-05-2010, 5:13pm
Most printers available today can't even reach the full colour gamut of sRGB, so you are not missing out on tonal range unless you spend nice $$$ on a printer.

Corakimick
28-05-2010, 6:45pm
OK wot about my questuon ?? re monitor calibration ??