PDA

View Full Version : Any way to save this?

abitfishy
09-05-2010, 11:58pm
Hi all,

I quite like this photo for some reason and so does the model, however I cannot seem to find a suitable way to minimise that light on her face. Trying to 'burn' the section I can get colour into it, but cannot make it blend at all with the rest of the face.

I adjusted the tone curve but once its adjusted enough the rest of the image is pretty average.

Any suggestions appreciated.

viscountvics
10-05-2010, 12:27am
My suggestion is to try and use clone stamp tool to slowly clone the properly exposed face to the overblown part.

Another alternative is to use exposure layer masking and playing with the blending modes and opacity that suit you. Not sure which one is good for this photo.

Good luck mate.

ricktas
10-05-2010, 7:50am
another lesson to learn, eh. Watch for shadows. I have seen things like this recovered quite well, but often by people with extensive photoshop skills. Me, I would give up and go shoot it again.

abitfishy
10-05-2010, 8:02am
Hey Rick,

Believe me, I'm well aware of shadows. Damn things are EVERYWHERE! :lol:

I have a reflector and also wireless flash but being on my own and moving arond a lot its all a bit of a pain in the backside. If I had used my reflector on reflector holder there it would have ended up off the wharf into the drink anyway. Not to mention a 3 hour session would have ended up a 6 hour session. I'm considering renting trying to find a teeenage assistant who will work for peanuts to be reflector boy (or girl).

I was more than happy to take the shot and see if I could do anything about it rather than not take it at all.

ricktas
10-05-2010, 8:06am
hehe. Yeah, those damn pesky shadows. It is a good photo and I hope you can successfully fix the shadow issue.

abitfishy
10-05-2010, 8:24am
And the model aint too bad either. What I'd do to be 15 again! :)

RLeadbetter
10-05-2010, 12:59pm
This is a 10 minute rough job on the face alone to get rid of the sun.... using clone brush, normal brush, smudge, cut and paste, layer masks, curves adjustments and gaussian blur.

Cause its a little pic I couldnt keep the skin textures. I might have a guess on a raw image at 3000px plus you maight be able to save that kind of detail by using the properly exposed parts.

if your goign to work on the chest area and the shirt... good luck with that pattern and keep that all neat and tidy

abitfishy
10-05-2010, 2:47pm
Cause its a little pic I couldnt keep the skin textures.

I appreciate your effort and suggestions, gives me some ideas to start with. I had a quick play last night with only the clone and curve and got it OK but not really acceptable, however the practise is good.

Thanks again mate. :th3:

RLeadbetter
10-05-2010, 2:57pm
if it helps .... pixel2life.com has a few tutorials on photo fixing and airbrushing for magazines that may give you some pointers.

Roof
10-05-2010, 4:32pm
http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-remove-shadows-from-photos-adobe-photoshop-15796/view/

Maybe this could help ya

Erin
12-05-2010, 10:37pm
I had to do this on a family photo. My method was to select the area and play with curves until the light and dark parts matched as closely as possible, then used a little bit of the heal/patch tools and a touch of overpainting to make the corrections seamless.

Best of luck!

Papou
27-05-2010, 1:03pm
I had to do this on a family photo. My method was to select the area and play with curves until the light and dark parts matched as closely as possible, then used a little bit of the heal/patch tools and a touch of overpainting to make the corrections seamless.

Best of luck!

Ditto to this :)..