PDA

View Full Version : Developing, Brisbane.

Bean
09-05-2010, 10:57am
Hey guys,

Recently purchased a EOS film SLR and really loving it.
I have put 3 rolls of film through it, 2 of Kodak GOLD 400 and one Kodak BW400CN

Where in Brisbane is best to get these developed? Espescially if i want to get digital scans of the negatives done?

How much should i expect to pay?

ameerat42
09-05-2010, 10:59am
Just for fun I tried "film precessing brisbane" and Pages from Aust in Google...
PS, here in Syd even the local CamerHouse does all of that.
Am.

Bean
09-05-2010, 11:08am
Hahah, thanks for the tip ;)

I did search, i just want to know if anyone goes anywhere that is cheaper than normal/better etc.

I figued camera house would do it but they arent the cheapest of shops.

GlennSan
09-05-2010, 7:01pm
For my basic 35mm stuff I use BigW - cheap as chips. Around $6-7 dollars for a 24 roll at 6x4's. Scan to CD is about another $10. Hard to screw the developing up so if anything decent needs more expert printing then I would take the negs to Prolab At South Brisbane.

For my 120 colour, I use Prolab and based on my VERY small volume, they have done a good job so far for me. I know others have had some issues with service. Do a thread search for more details if you need them.

ricktas
09-05-2010, 7:21pm
Hahah, thanks for the tip ;)

I did search, i just want to know if anyone goes anywhere that is cheaper than normal/better etc.

I figued camera house would do it but they arent the cheapest of shops.

Cheaper and better is an oxymoron, you either get cheap or you get good quality and pay for it.

Most camera stores can still print/get prints done from film. But look for a photo lab, you will be better off in the long run. Photo labs have staff that know what they are doing.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=photo+labs%2C+brisbane

Bean
10-05-2010, 7:48am
Thanks GlennSan, Will check them both out.