PDA

View Full Version : generate a grapic watermark

olympuse620
06-05-2010, 5:04pm
Does anyone know how I can generate a graphic watermark to use in Lightroom2 with the mogrify add-on?

kiwi
06-05-2010, 5:25pm
Yes

You have to create a JPEG first, all it does is load that and allow you to place it on the image with various opacity

olympuse620
06-05-2010, 5:39pm
Yeah tried making one in microsoft paint then saving it as a Jpeg but it imports the background not just the graphic, which meant a great big white stripe across the bottom of the picture. I was after a graphic with no background so to speak.

ricktas
06-05-2010, 7:37pm
GIF can have transparent background, JPG can't.

Roof
13-05-2010, 2:34am
GIF can have transparent background, JPG can't.

don't you mean the other way around ?

dieselpower
13-05-2010, 8:11am
GIF and PNG can have transparent backgrounds (alpha channels), JPEGs cannot. I would suggest, if there's any real colour in your watermark, that you save it as a PNG as GIF also only supports up to 256 colours.

Roof
13-05-2010, 8:18pm
GIF, TIFF, PNG and of course PSD is what the websites tell me, Must've been confused...

Sorry about that..

Papou
27-05-2010, 2:58pm
New layer, Text Tool , Seelect your font & size, Alt 0169 Gives you your copyright symbol, type your name or whatever, add a stroke ,outer glow or whatever you want to dress up your signiture crop and save in the brush presets. that way everytime you want to add you copyright signiture you go to your brush ,,click in the area of your image and lo n behold your copyright Sig appears !!:).
can reduce its opacity, colour n size all too easy as you go:)..
Hope this is what you were after and i havent ranted on reading your query wrong!!??..