PDA

View Full Version : Extentions tube

glenwood
06-05-2010, 2:11pm
Hi,

I am looking for extention tubes for macro photography.

I am looking for kenko but not sure which one support EFS lens.

Any ideas.

dumbat
06-05-2010, 4:46pm
my kenko extension tubes work fine with ef and ef-s. i think as long as you make sure they're canon-compatible, you should be fine

glenwood
06-05-2010, 5:10pm
does all extention tube from kenko (canon) support EFS.

I have read some were that there are some which does not support EFS lens.

Big Pix
06-05-2010, 6:58pm
http://www.d-d-photographics.com.au/

DD are in North Sydney....... just make sure they have the stock in store....

glenwood
06-05-2010, 8:41pm
http://www.d-d-photographics.com.au/

DD are in North Sydney....... just make sure they have the stock in store....

Its quite expensive compare to ebay stores.

dbax
06-05-2010, 10:07pm

Heard many sad stories about Ebay extension tubes.:(
Many of the ebay extension tubes unfortunately have no contacts or contacts that don't work with any camera, let alone EFS. You get what you pay for.

Big Pix
06-05-2010, 10:33pm

....... I just won't bother any more....... cheap photographic equipment is not worth buying

if you want cheap, don't ask

glenwood
07-05-2010, 8:33am
....... I just won't bother any more....... cheap photographic equipment is not worth buying

if you want cheap, don't ask

I am talking about the kenko extention tube DG version which is same as shown on DD website and is $215+ postage and the same one on ebay is $145-150 for canon version. What I wanted to know was if these do AF and can be used with EFS.

Thanks for your advice.

dbax
07-05-2010, 9:53am
I am talking about the kenko extention tube DG version which is same as shown on DD website and is $215+ postage and the same one on ebay is $145-150 for canon version. What I wanted to know was if these do AF and can be used with EFS.

Thanks for your advice.

"Heard many sad stories about Ebay extension tubes.:(
Many of the ebay extension tubes unfortunately have no contacts or contacts that don't work with any camera, let alone EFS. You get what you pay for."

I repeat the advice given above, on Ebay is says they are Kenko tubes!:confused013
They may be they may not be!:confused013
Unfortunately the only why you'll find out on Ebay is after you've paid your hard earned.
Genuine Kenko tubes do work the AF on EFS cameras I know I have a set!:th3:
I didn't buy through Ebay, I took my camera to the local store put them on and tested. I got what I paid for, genuine Kenko tubes in perfect working order, If I ever have a problem I'll take them back.
That being said, in my limited macro experience I've found that AF is used little, as manual focus is more useful particularly if your going to stack a group of images.
So if you do buy from Ebay(and it seems you want the go ahead from someone)Your tubes should still be usable even if the AF doesn't work.

glenwood
07-05-2010, 11:10am
"Heard many sad stories about Ebay extension tubes.:(
Many of the ebay extension tubes unfortunately have no contacts or contacts that don't work with any camera, let alone EFS. You get what you pay for."

I repeat the advice given above, on Ebay is says they are Kenko tubes!:confused013
They may be they may not be!:confused013
Unfortunately the only why you'll find out on Ebay is after you've paid your hard earned.
Genuine Kenko tubes do work the AF on EFS cameras I know I have a set!:th3:
I didn't buy through Ebay, I took my camera to the local store put them on and tested. I got what I paid for, genuine Kenko tubes in perfect working order, If I ever have a problem I'll take them back.
That being said, in my limited macro experience I've found that AF is used little, as manual focus is more useful particularly if your going to stack a group of images.
So if you do buy from Ebay(and it seems you want the go ahead from someone)Your tubes should still be usable even if the AF doesn't work.

Thanks for the advice.

I have bought few things from the ebay including camera so far I have not burnt my fingers.

Can't say that I will not have problem in the future.

I do my research about the seller and look at there feedback related to same product that I am looking to buy.

Any one has bought things from citywide on ebay?

kwokask
07-05-2010, 1:04pm
The current version of the Kenko extension tubes supports EFS lenses, so make sure you get current stock. I have the older version on which EFS lens don't fit.