PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS5 Extended

Riverlander
04-05-2010, 7:23pm
My copy of this CS5 arrived today and I now have it installed and running properly on my home computer andon my laptop. Laptop is a bit slow -- but I can live with that.
Installation takes 1.25 gig of HD space.

About all I have had time to do is "play with" the Content Aware Fill and Brush... Just amazing.

I hope to dedicate quite a few hours to learning the new bits etc over the next 3 days. I have got access to some good CS 5 videos on Lynda.com

Anyone with inquiries is welcome to send them -- I can only try to answer them as I learn.

PS I am by no means a Photoshop expert, but I will get there!!!!! SLOWLY

ameerat42
04-05-2010, 7:29pm
Thanks, Graham, that's good of you. And here I am just about to install CS4. I feel like a fossil already. (But on a happier note, I got Win7 64-bit going on another computer.) (Grin!) Am.

FocusOn
04-05-2010, 7:39pm
Hello Graham,

How did you get a copy so early?
I thought it wasn't arriving in Australia for at least another 4/6 weeks.

John

Riverlander
04-05-2010, 7:43pm
How did you get a copy so early?

Paid for it 2 weeks ago and Adobe Aus said early May. They were right. :D

FocusOn
04-05-2010, 7:50pm
Great!!

I will try and get mine some time this week.

CS5 is amazing have watched a few videos and can't wait to get my copy.

I am a graphic designer so l am a bit of an expert when it come to photoshop.

Enjoy yours!!

john

RLeadbetter
04-05-2010, 8:45pm
soo beside this fancy fill .... is there any other amzing features to make me wanna go out and upgrade my cs4.

dmdigital
04-05-2010, 8:56pm
I downloaded and installed the 30 day trial last night. Seems to do a few things quicker than CS3 (I skipped CS4:rolleyes:).

Once installed did you have do any updates or haven't Adobe issued any yet?

I'm not in any screaming hurry for it yet but I must say the stitching application seems faster and is definitely more accurate than CS3 is.

Riverlander
04-05-2010, 11:25pm
Once installed did you have do any updates or haven't Adobe issued any yet?

I checked and there were no Adobe updates available. I had all my other Adobe stuff - Adobe Reader, Camera Raw etc, - up to date before I installed CS5.
I will constantly monitor it.