PDA

View Full Version : help needed for car dyno day

JC_PHOTOGRAPHY
04-05-2010, 6:38pm
hi all im attending a dyno day with me new canon 1000d/rebel xs i was thinking i need to use shutter mode also i want to do hdr images also what do i need for this

Wayne
04-05-2010, 6:43pm
A CPL and tripod could go a long way to getting better images esp the tripod for HDR. If vehicles are photographed on the dyno then aperture mode is probably better, just be aware of the shutter speed the camera selects if you want to show wheel motion, if shutter speed is too high, then full manual mode may be best. An indoor dyno area is probably going to have crap lighting, so light may help.

JC_PHOTOGRAPHY
04-05-2010, 7:43pm
thanks for reply what mode do i use for hdr

Wayne
04-05-2010, 8:57pm
HDR is best done in aperture priority. Set required DOF and then your bracket steps (usually in =/- ev from the metered exposure). The greater the difference between the over/under exposures, the greater the HDR effect will be without too much PP. Basically you want to capture as much dynamic range as possible.

Try to use the camera on a tripod, and fire your frames sequentially in a short period of time, as anything like people, traffic, blowing trees etc that are moving will be in a different position in the frame from 1st to last shot.

JC_PHOTOGRAPHY
05-05-2010, 2:26am
EXPOSURE BRACKETING AND TRY RAW FORMAT:th3::food04: