PDA

View Full Version : Too Cheap? CS4 full less than $300??

abitfishy
02-05-2010, 2:33pm
Adobe CS4 Photoshop Extended for less than $300? I emailed the seller who claims its Retail Genuine. I assume this is too cheap and there is something fishy? He's an Australian based seller with 100% feedback.

Or am I missing something?

dbax
02-05-2010, 2:39pm
CS5 has just been released so they would be trying to more any CS4 stock, it does seen cheap though:confused013

ricktas
02-05-2010, 2:46pm
agree that it does seem very cheap, but as has been said CS5 has been announced, and will be available soon, so places will be trying to get rid of cs4 stock.

abitfishy
02-05-2010, 2:49pm
I was thinking of either making so with an old version of Corel Photo Paint that I have, or upgrading to Photoshop or Elements. Having said that I wanted to buy Lightroom too so not sure if I go for Lightroom and stay with Photo Paint, or go the whole hog and get Lightroom and this CS4. I'd paypal it for sure!!

Xenedis
02-05-2010, 3:38pm
Adobe CS4 Photoshop Extended for less than $300?

That price sounds like your name!

Nige
02-05-2010, 4:15pm
I would say so. Turns out my copy of CS3 Extended is fishy. I purchased the CS5 update and downloaded and went to install, however the serial is apparently not valid.

I am speaking to Adobe now, but I suspect I am out luck, however I may be able to get a refund on the CS5 I just purchased :(

abitfishy
02-05-2010, 4:26pm
Was it an ebay purchase Nige?

Nige
02-05-2010, 4:28pm
Yer I bought it off ebay a year ago, so not much I can do about it now.
My advice don't buy it off ebay, or ask for the serial number to check it against Adobe, or use a local shop.

Nige
02-05-2010, 5:23pm
Just weighing up my options with regards to photoshop.

Photoshop 5 (http://www.ht.com.au/cart/1/part/X8021-Adobe-Photoshop-CS5-Extended/detail.hts)

However I am unsure if this is the upgrade / academic version, but for this price I would assume its one or the other.

abitfishy
02-05-2010, 6:02pm
Nige, thats interesting. There is no mention of it being Academic/Student, and allows online purchasing, and HT are above board so it looks correct. If thats the case, then maybe the one I saw for CS4 is legit.

On googling the product number some web sites mention that CD5 at HT as an 'upsell' from the non extended version. Maybe Photoshop CS5 standard is required, but that seems expensive even to upgrade from CS5 to CS5 extended.

Nige
02-05-2010, 6:14pm
Yer I was confused on the price,

Upgrade from adobe is $307, download only, so I am confused on the price on that one. I have sent an email / request to HT to ask about it. I will let you know what they say.

If its okay, I might try to get my Money back from Adobe, depends on what happens on their reply to my email.

RLeadbetter
02-05-2010, 7:30pm
I got a version of CS4 off ebay once it was only a couple hundred and it came in a retail box and everything but as soon as I updated photoshop the serial came up invalid. I contacted the supplier and he told me that adobe had a bad batch of serial keys. (bullshit) Plus the discs and media inside the box the print looks dodgy for adobes standards.

The supplier was going to contact "adobe" and get me a new serial key but soon after shut down his account. I informed ebay and paypal and got a full refund.

Harves
02-05-2010, 7:37pm
I won a copy of CS4 Extended on ebay a few months ago. Must say I was concerned whether it was the real thing or not, but sure enough it was. Only cost about $220 from memory.

David
02-05-2010, 7:48pm
Adobe CS4 Photoshop Extended for less than $300? I emailed the seller who claims its Retail Genuine. I assume this is too cheap and there is something fishy? He's an Australian based seller with 100% feedback.

Or am I missing something?

Hmmm . I bid for and won this exact product off a guy on a popular site for 300.00, turned out to be a dud and I returned to him and got a full refund... lucky. Just be wary of things that look too good to be true=most often they are.
:confused013

Nige
02-05-2010, 7:49pm
Unfortunately I don't see myself getting my money back from Ebay on this one, it was over a year ago, but depending on what Adobe does it it may be okay.

abitfishy
02-05-2010, 8:03pm
Seems possible its ok, possible its dodgy. Wonder if a quick Paypal claim once its received would be successful if its not legit.

Nige
02-05-2010, 8:33pm
Well you always win the bet and check the serial with Adobe, then contact ebay if it is dodgy.

I guess you win either way, apart from the hassle on dealing with ebay if all goes south.

abitfishy
02-05-2010, 8:38pm
I have heard of claims not being paid when the buyer puts in the claim but the seller has withdrawn his paypal balance into his bank account and then closed it down. Its worse case scenario, but I think when that happens Paypal don't guarentee a claim will be paid. I've emailed Paypal about this scenario and await their reply. If they say all will be OK, then I'll take the risk, its just a few clicks and a bit of a wait for a refund it it goes pear shaped.

bigdazzler
04-05-2010, 12:30pm
Sure its not an educational version ?

There are three different pricing tiers for PS products. Student, Edu., and Retail.

FallingHorse
04-05-2010, 10:20pm
I won a copy of CS4 Extended on ebay a few months ago. Must say I was concerned whether it was the real thing or not, but sure enough it was. Only cost about $220 from memory.

I got CS4 Extended on eBay too for $250. I was dubious as to the authenticity and was suprised when I found that it was legit :)

Slide
05-05-2010, 6:05pm
Make sure it's not just an upgrade from cs, cs2, or cs3.