PDA

View Full Version : Filter Wallets

Dylan & Marianne
01-05-2010, 7:48am
I'm starting to get quite an unruly collection of 4X6" GNDs and ND filters now
the singh ray ones have individual wallets and the others don't.
Are there any local brands available that people would recommend.
I see the lee's ones are available and probably would be great but if there's anything local and just as effective, that'd be preferrable - something that fits onto a belt system would be awesome !

ricktas
01-05-2010, 8:10am
Cokin have suede ones for the Z Pro system, not sure of they make em any bigger than that.

Dylan & Marianne
01-05-2010, 1:31pm
thanks rick - might check em out though I suspect they're only 4X4

tomtom1
01-05-2010, 3:55pm
I ordered a cokin z pro filter wallet a while ago.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/387427-REG/Cokin_CZ306_Z_Pro_Filter_Wallet.html

Problem is it's massive, almost as big as the lee 10 filter wallet and I ended up returning it as it doesn't fit in my bag. It will definitely fit 4x6" filters, and has a loop to fit on a belt.

Xenedis
01-05-2010, 5:42pm
I'm starting to get quite an unruly collection of 4X6" GNDs and ND filters now

That's never a bad thing. :-)

Are there any local brands available that people would recommend.
I see the lee's ones are available and probably would be great but if there's anything local and just as effective, that'd be preferrable - something that fits onto a belt system would be awesome !

I cannot help you much re local brands and prices, but I have the Lee filter wallet, and while it's not cheap, it is effective, and holds ten filters in a zip-up case. Inside, each filter pocket is a soft, velvet-like material (if not velvet itself). Outside, there's a plastic window for storing a business card or some other identifier.

davros
02-05-2010, 1:21pm
If you are looking for individual sleeves then the Lee is probably your best bet. Cokin Z series do come in suede sleeves, as Ricktas mentioned, but I haven't been able to find them as a separate item. If you are looking for a wallet Then Cokin makes one, like the Lee, that has ten padded slots. The Cokin bag is a bit bulky and IMO doesn't off up as much protection as you would expect for the size of bag.

As far as a local source I can only suggest vanbar as my filter shopping has been limited to them. They do stock quite a bit of Lee in their Melbourne office, but they have to order in the Z series stuff.

Dylan & Marianne
02-05-2010, 2:41pm
Thanks guys - I think probably I'm leaning towards the lees - but pop down to local stores and see if the cokin's in stock though ( I'm never optimistic about that)