PDA

View Full Version : PhotoBooks

Gunna
27-04-2010, 11:51am
Has anyone got photobooks done by 'PhotoBooks WA'?
I need to do 1 [with 15 copies to give to family] with a tight deadline - so I wont send it to an overseas printer.

Erin
27-04-2010, 12:57pm
Never heard of them. Have you sussed out xbook.com.au? They do some awesome photo books and you can pretty much do your own layouts in them. I've seen real life examples, they're good. Also quick, going by the people who've used them.

OzzieTraveller
27-04-2010, 4:22pm
G'day Gunna

There's also the SnapFish mob, hosted via HP but also available online via most photo chains

Regards, Phil

ricktas
27-04-2010, 5:20pm
www.momento.com.au

Karl
27-04-2010, 7:34pm
I have used My Reflections www.myreflections.com.au - they are in Rockingham, WA and have excellent products and service. Both are active photographers and are members of my local photography club and they have won awards for their business.

Karl

Gunna
28-04-2010, 12:17am
Thanks guys [& gals]. No one has experience with PhotoBooks WA, but I have now got details of 8 publishers of photobooks in Aust.
I will do some research, make my selection & let you know the outcome.
Happy days!
Gunna

kobus
01-05-2010, 7:48pm
Also would be interested in good quality vs price options - at this stage for family usage only

jibbonpoint
02-05-2010, 9:48pm
I wasn't aware of Hp Snapfish until last night coincidentally & the others like momento until now but a couple of years ago I scanned a stack of old photos from the 40's and included them in microsoft word into a life story writen by my partner's father who was 80. This was then printed out on both sides an A5, & then bound by a professional bookbinder for the princley sum of 50 bucks; one off.

It looked like a professional,bound hard copy. (Well, it was :)

Dead simple & cheap. The bookbinder we used was at Ryde in NSW; I can dig out the name if anyone is interested but we got them out of the 'phone book.

Nige
02-05-2010, 10:38pm
I just ordered mine from Blurb. I will let you know what its like when I get the book. I might have to do a mini review, however I did find this (http://photo-book-review.toptenreviews.com/)site, which does a review of quite a few. ** Admin edit - Members with under 50 posts are not allowed to complain about services **

Its due to arrive this week, I think.
-Nigel

Analog6
03-05-2010, 4:53am
At last, one for Macs! It is so frustrating to go to site after site and they are all only for Windows! Thanks Nige, and please report back when you get your book, I'd love to know if you were happy with it.