PDA

View Full Version : Epson 3800 - Inks

NikonUser
26-04-2010, 10:17am
Hi there,

I have the oppertunity to get a secondhand Epson 3800 at a pretty decent price off someone I know.

I'm just wondering how long Epson will continue to make inks for this printer? I'm hoping that since it's a Pro level printer that it will be supported for a few years to come yet, but with the 3880 using different inks I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to get inks for the 3800 for much longer.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Thanks very much
Paul

OzzieTraveller
26-04-2010, 4:08pm
G'day Paul

Sorry mate - I can't shed any ink (sorry Light) onto your Q: and its answer, but...
I despair at the printer makers (ALL of them) and their almost constant changes to ink carts, so I would try to get some answer from Epson Oz before committing any $$ to the item

I personally have owned all of HP, Epson & Canon printers, and have had ink-cart availability issues with all of them - even when the printer is a current model printer

Regards, Phil

Bob G
26-04-2010, 5:14pm
As far as I know the 3880 uses a vivid magenta and the other inks I thought were unchanged.

Hadn't thought about it much. There are a lot of 3800's out there and I'm sure there's a big profit margin in inks.

phild
26-04-2010, 8:24pm
FWIW I have an epson Photo EX which is well over 10 years old and Epson are still making inks for that, so I think you'll find the R3800 inks will be available for a long while yet.