PDA

View Full Version : Photo-gobbling Photoshop elements 7?

gabby
25-04-2010, 1:04pm
Help please! I have been experimenting with my Photoshop Elements 7 and clicked the Catalogue button to find out how it worked. A blank grey page opened but now I can't return to the 1000 photos I have in my organizer- if I click on Organizer again or close or Shut down or the Catalogue button again, it just returns to that blank page. I can't click on Show All as it is not functional.:crzy::lol2: I tried contacting Adobe after failing to find the info on their Online Manual and it was rather like tring to talk to a phone company-lots of endless loops and no action. If anyone can advise me on how to extract myself from this dilemma, I'd very much appreciate it.

ameerat42
25-04-2010, 2:15pm
Gabby. I used to use a Canon "organizer" that hid photos like this. Try searching some by name. Am.

peterking
25-04-2010, 8:19pm
Had a similar problem with my mac when I first started using LR.
To fix it try this.
Open LR.
At the top of the screen you should have words like File, Edit, and so on. Click on File. This should bring down a list of options. Click on Open Recent. There should be your catalogue listed. Just click on that and off you go.

gabby
26-04-2010, 11:20am
Thank you so much Am and Peter, I tried your suggestion first Am-one I had tried already and it didn't work-kept reverting to the new catalogue every time I left the editor. Then I tried editing a recent edit again and doing a "save as"- still brought it into the new catalogue.:confused013

So I then followed your lead Peter and went back to file- the Open Recent hadn't worked so I went back to catalogue and changed its setting from Catalogue accessible by current user to Catalogue accessible by all users et La Voila, it worked!! Many thanks for helping ease my frustration with the process.:party6:

peterking
26-04-2010, 1:58pm
I'm glad it worked Gabby and you got your images back.