PDA

View Full Version : Dirty sensor, where to get cleaned? - Sydney

callanrobison
20-04-2010, 12:58pm
Ok, so, I'm not entirely sure this was the right place to put this thread, but it seemed appropriate to me, apologies if it's in the wrong spot!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4536932542_8d241871d8_o.png

Image replaced with link cause it breaches size restrictions for AP.

@f/22

Basically, my 5D mk1 is filthy.

Where would be the best place to take it in Sydney? Is Canon the best place to take it to? Would I be safe to clean it myself?

I've used a rocketblower, but it's still filthy...

Cheers!

ving
20-04-2010, 1:33pm
i use dustaid... works a charm. looks to me a wet clean would best suit you tho as there is more dirt than sensor. I still say do it yourself tho :)

but i guess most camera stores will clean for you for a price.

Speedway
20-04-2010, 3:10pm
I have a copper hill kit it is easy to use and gives excellent results.

hus
20-04-2010, 3:39pm
I got canon service to clean mine for $50, but if you have a cleaning kit do it yourself.
Only reason l took it to canon was so l could get them to let me know my shutter count, for some reason they won't let users find out the shutter count on their cameras.

callanrobison
20-04-2010, 5:23pm
Cheers everyone.

I sent Canon an email and they suggest I take it to their centre at Ryde. $50/15minutes is fine by me!

Bear Dale
20-04-2010, 6:09pm
I got canon service to clean mine for $50, but if you have a cleaning kit do it yourself.
Only reason l took it to canon was so l could get them to let me know my shutter count, for some reason they won't let users find out the shutter count on their cameras.

What body do you use?

hus
20-04-2010, 10:54pm
What body do you use?

I still have a 30D :D
Before that l had a 400D but thats been passed down to my son.

aycee
01-05-2010, 8:55am
The Copperhill kit works very well and it only takes a couple of cleans by you to pay for it ...very easy to use and works a treat...Canon dont always do it well either...and you will get sensor spots or dust bunnies constantly and you dont even need ti change lenses to get them....cost a fortune to keep getting Canon to do it