PDA

View Full Version : Backpack repairs?

Boofhead
18-04-2010, 11:17am
Hi all,

I have a backpack with a seam that has split. Can anyone recommend a good place to get it repaired on the Gold Coast?

Thanks in advance for all replies,

Andrew

arthurking83
18-04-2010, 11:47am
I can't recommend any place near you, but almost any good quality shoe repair shop should have the facilities required to make the repair(depending on the repair of course).

If it only needs stitching then it shouldn't cost too much.

yummymummy
18-04-2010, 11:52am
either that, or a canvas sewer. They'd be able to fix it :th3:

Boofhead
18-04-2010, 11:55am
Thanks for the replies, I shall hit the yellow pages looking for shoe repair shops and canvas sewers.

Cheers,

Andrew

ricktas
18-04-2010, 12:03pm
Look for repairers of Sails (yachts/awning etc), they usually have damn good machines to stitch thicker materials

Boofhead
18-04-2010, 12:07pm
Look for repairers of Sails (yachts/awning etc), they usually have damn good machines to stitch thicker materials

Thanks Rick,

good idea. With all the boat building precincts on the Gold Coast I am sure they should not be too hard to find.

Cheers,

Andrew

mikec
18-04-2010, 7:36pm
Also any good outdoor equipment store could recommend a good repairer.

Bill44
19-04-2010, 8:36am
Best bet would be a Motor Trimmer, the blokes who make the upholstery and interior lining for cars.

Boofhead
02-05-2010, 9:20am
I did a Google search and came up with Mcinally's Shoe & Bag Repairs in Southport. Two great characters, husband and wife I assumed, who seem to enjoy their work.

"No problems, easy repair" I was told. $20 payable up front and pick up 3 days later. I went to pick it up on Friday and you could hardly tell that a repair had been done. Great service, great people and a great price, could you ask for anything more?

I couldn't recommend this business highly enough for anyone needing a bag repair done. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Andrew

bjholton
02-05-2010, 10:43am
Sail Maker would be you best bet especially in your location you would have a heap to choose from ... you will find they will do a bet job it then the original makers of the bag.

Boofhead
02-05-2010, 11:13am
Sail Maker would be you best bet especially in your location you would have a heap to choose from ... you will find they will do a bet job it then the original makers of the bag.

Thanks for your reply, I do appreciate all help, but I have already had the bag fixed:

I did a Google search and came up with Mcinally's Shoe & Bag Repairs in Southport. Two great characters, husband and wife I assumed, who seem to enjoy their work.

"No problems, easy repair" I was told. $20 payable up front and pick up 3 days later. I went to pick it up on Friday and you could hardly tell that a repair had been done. Great service, great people and a great price, could you ask for anything more?

I couldn't recommend this business highly enough for anyone needing a bag repair done. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Andrew

They did a great job and I couldn't have asked for better service or quality.

Cheers,

Andrew