PDA

View Full Version : Yongnuo RF-602 defective?

TEITZY
17-04-2010, 9:58pm
I bought the RF-602 wireless flash trigger (1 transmitter, 2 receivers) off Ebay and they were working perfectly with my D300 and SB600/800 speedlights but have suddenly stopped working! Initially I believe it was an issue with the transmitter, but now I also notice that the receivers don't bring the flash out of standby mode when connected to the hot shoe whereas previously they did. I was using the triggers as a remote shutter release last night and it just stopped working for no reason.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Cheers
Leigh

MarkChap
17-04-2010, 10:00pm
Nope.

probably the first thing you did - fresh batteries ??

TEITZY
17-04-2010, 10:28pm
Hi Mark,
Yes replaced the batteries in one of the receivers to no avail. Unfortunately I don't have a spare CR2 to check the transmitter, though I suspect the battery is still ok.

Cheers
Leigh

rwg717
17-04-2010, 10:44pm
Yep, think I bought the same unit...never worked from the box!:o
Richard

MarkChap
17-04-2010, 10:45pm
Yeah I thought you would have. :)

mine are going strong, giving them another work out tomorrow afternoon

I @ M
17-04-2010, 11:00pm
No problems yet after quite a few months ownership. :confused013

JM Tran
17-04-2010, 11:17pm
-clean hotshoe contacts of flash/camera/receiver/trigger
-make sure your flash is in Manual mode, try the camera in M too
-test it with your friend's flashes and cameras

TEITZY
17-04-2010, 11:27pm
Tried them with my D70s and in M mode but still no joy. Contacts are fine. Maybe someone can clarify - when you press the button on the transmitter do the lights on the receivers turn green (mine keep flashing red)?

Cheers
Leigh

JM Tran
17-04-2010, 11:29pm
Tried them with my D70s and in M mode but still no joy. Contacts are fine. Maybe someone can clarify - when you press the button on the transmitter do the lights on the receivers turn green (mine keep flashing red)?

Cheers
Leigh

it should turn green:)

half press to focus, fully depressed to trigger

have you checked that the channels for the receivers and trigger are all on the same frequency also?

TEITZY
17-04-2010, 11:31pm
Thanks Jackie. Yeah all the channels are the same. As I said they were working perfectly one minute then just stopped!

Cheers
Leigh

TEITZY
19-04-2010, 2:48pm
Well good news. I tried changing the dip switches on all the units on Saturday but nothing seemed to help. Received an email this morning from the seller and he suggested the same thing though I hadn't returned them to the original position. Anyway I put them all back to the origninal position and hey presto it's working again. Funny thing is if I change the switches now it also works fine! I wonder if the battery in the transmitter might be a bit low or dodgy? Anyway I will buy another one today just in case.

Cheers
Leigh