PDA

View Full Version : Capture Queensland - Another "Nothing", Another Warning

Longshots
14-04-2010, 7:34am
Another photo comp which has slightly less intimidating competition terms and conditions, but does include the standard " by entering, every entrant agrees to give away their image entry for nothing" .

Here's the link:
http://www.dip.qld.gov.au/captureqld

Ironic that if you want to capture some parts of Queensland's Infrastructure, you are highly likely to be arrested as a potential terrorist threat.

Also in a touch of sweet irony, most of the images on visually supporting the entry form, were produced by professional photographers.

This I believe is the Ninth photo competition from Qld Gov in the last 12 months. I would not be alone in believing that the first choice preference given to all gov departments now, is to acquire images by this subversive manner; as opposed to utilising the services of the hundreds of trained photographers currently being regurgitated from Universities and TAFE colleges throughout Queensland.

ricktas
14-04-2010, 7:42am
Agree with you here LS, we are seeing more and more of this activity. Governments (and others) are creating their own image banks, from these competitions, thus not only using the photos for free, but then in future reducing the need to pay photographers for other work as well, as they can go through their 'image bank' and find something.

I @ M
14-04-2010, 7:48am
And from memory, there was an attempt at spamming AP a while ago to promote the same or similar competition by the QLD tourism bureau -------

ricktas
14-04-2010, 7:59am
And from memory, there was an attempt at spamming AP a while ago to promote the same or similar competition by the QLD tourism bureau -------

Yep, we have had a few of those.

LJG
14-04-2010, 8:32am
It is a very cynical view of our government Longshot, the trouble is, it is true. It is very sad that our elected representatives can squander our hard earned tax dollars, then turn around and rub salt into the wound by using subversive methods to use us even further.

Maybe if they didn't waste so much money in other ill planned areas they could afford to pay professional photographers to promote our state, after all, they pay their taxes as well and the government is now trying to cut them out. It really is just another case where our government wants us to bend over and.............oops, can't say that can I :action:

Asurfa
15-04-2010, 10:53pm
What a rip!
How about a competition for our MP'S?
"Best submission for running our state gets.... a paycheck! those submissions that are not selected will receive nothing, but we will still use all your idea's however we see fit. Please keep an eye out for new competitions and a chance of a paycheck as we are always looking for new ideas, plans, etc to add to our collection.
Good luck!"