PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne fun

Shelley
13-04-2010, 4:00pm
Just got back from Melbourne and had so much fun. I did very little photography, but I did manage one shot from our balcony showing our view at night. We stayed in Docklands.

Did a fabulous wine tour at Mornington Peninsula with a beautiful lunch overlooking wine fields. We did a private tour, because there was five of us and it was quite reasonable - best way to go. One of the girls lives in the Dandenongs and took us up there for the day - what beautiful country. Loved exploring the little shops sprinkled through the valley there.

The seed has been planted for me to arrange a tour with some photography friends and I have an idea of what areas to visit. Would love to just go back and do a photography visit.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd222/shelleypearson/Holidays/nightview_room01web.jpg

Okay, I took shot with me in it for a change - me (dark hair on the end) trying to get the darn flash to work - notice I am slightly grinding my teeth - we then headed off to Mama Mia - fantastic show. Though I hate getting dressed up and prefer to be out birding :)
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd222/shelleypearson/Holidays/groupshot01web.jpg

Entry to a winery homestead... definitely revisiting this spot
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd222/shelleypearson/Holidays/groupdoorwayweb.jpg

Some showers coming in - to your right you can see Melbourne city..
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd222/shelleypearson/Holidays/yarra_view_01web.jpg

bigbikes
13-04-2010, 4:55pm
Hi Shelly.
It sounds and looks as if you and your friends had a great time in Melbourne.:th3:
You have also taken some great shots as well.
Your night shot of Melbourne looks great and your entry into the wine yard has a real fun looking theme to it. Now I hope you and your friends were not leaning like that when you left :food04:
If and when you decide your coming back let us know and we'll try and organize a meetup with other members as well.
:wd::wd:

Shelley
13-04-2010, 5:38pm
Hi Shelly.
It sounds and looks as if you and your friends had a great time in Melbourne.:th3:
You have also taken some great shots as well.
Your night shot of Melbourne looks great and your entry into the wine yard has a real fun looking theme to it. Now I hope you and your friends were not leaning like that when you left :food04:
If and when you decide your coming back let us know and we'll try and organize a meetup with other members as well.
:wd::wd:

Thanks Peter, had a wonderful time. Some of us were leaning a bit after finishing the tour - we had a great tour guide who was fun to be with. I have been to Melbourne a bit, starting of visiting for shopping - but blow that, rather get out and do some photography now.

Thanks for the offer and would love to catch up with fellow AP's and will take you up on it. I envisage being back next year - hoping to go up north again this year for my birding :).

I @ M
13-04-2010, 6:36pm
You know what Shelley, you missed out big time!!!!

When you were sitting up there under the tv towers on Mt. Dandenong, if you had gone just a little bit further down the road you would have been in lyrebird country (http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=49). :D :D

Shelley
13-04-2010, 6:58pm
That's a beaut shot of the city, Shelley... and you girls look like you had a great time! :)

:th3: :th3: :th3: :D :D :D

You know what Shelley, you missed out big time!!!!

When you were sitting up there under the tv towers on Mt. Dandenong, if you had gone just a little bit further down the road you would have been in lyrebird country (http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=49). :D :D

Thanks Rich and we did have a great time in Melbourne.

I @ M - I knew there were Lyrebirds :(. I had not bought my big lens as I was with non-birding, non photography friends. Also, I would have cried very loudly in public if I saw one as I had only taken my 17-40 lens (one consolation it was very cloudy and raining on/off on the day I was there :).

Thanks for the link though, i have bookmarked it as I will be back...:food04:

Mary Anne
13-04-2010, 11:22pm
The night one from the docklands is Fantastic Gosh Shelley I love them all.. :wd:
How wonderful that you and your friends had a great time, that's the way:th3:
I miss Melbourne so much *Not the weather though* Thanks for sharing..

rellik666
14-04-2010, 7:53am
Thanks Rich and we did have a great time in Melbourne.

I @ M - I knew there were Lyrebirds :(. I had not bought my big lens as I was with non-birding, non photography friends. Also, I would have cried very loudly in public if I saw one as I had only taken my 17-40 lens (one consolation it was very cloudy and raining on/off on the day I was there :).

Thanks for the link though, i have bookmarked it as I will be back...:food04:

Great shot of the Docklands, love it round there! Ditto what Peter said on the meet up!

Dark/wet/cloudy...perfect Lyrebird weather..... :D

Roo

LJG
14-04-2010, 8:10am
A group of girls together on a holiday, two words come straight to mind, mayhem and mischief :eek:

I bet you lot got into more trouble than Speed Gordon! Imagine letting you sandgropers lose in the cosmopolitan city hahaha. I bet you will be telling the stories for years.

I like the city shot (#1) Shelley, it captures the feeling of Melbourne after dark very well. Most shots of friends together only have meaning for them, but the door shot has quite a lot of feeling in it that makes others smile as well, so well done.

Shelley
14-04-2010, 9:02am
The night one from the docklands is Fantastic Gosh Shelley I love them all.. :wd:
How wonderful that you and your friends had a great time, that's the way:th3:
I miss Melbourne so much *Not the weather though* Thanks for sharing..

Thanks Mary Anne - something always happening in Melbourne and I love visiting - this trip was very special to me.

Great shot of the Docklands, love it round there! Ditto what Peter said on the meet up!

Dark/wet/cloudy...perfect Lyrebird weather..... :D

Roo

hmm - okay I am feeling sad about the lyrebirds - but I will be back with my 400 and there will no stopping me :D

A group of girls together on a holiday, two words come straight to mind, mayhem and mischief :eek:

I bet you lot got into more trouble than Speed Gordon! Imagine letting you sandgropers lose in the cosmopolitan city hahaha. I bet you will be telling the stories for years.

I like the city shot (#1) Shelley, it captures the feeling of Melbourne after dark very well. Most shots of friends together only have meaning for them, but the door shot has quite a lot of feeling in it that makes others smile as well, so well done.

Never - me and mischief :rolleyes: thanks I like the door shot to, a quick moment very impromptu - but it worked.

Outlaw
14-04-2010, 12:36pm
I very much like the first and last photo ...would look good hanging on a wall...

Nic076
14-04-2010, 12:52pm
Terrific night shot Shelley - well done. I love the composition of the winery shot too. Nothing beats a girls weekend.