PDA

View Full Version : Blue Fairy Wren from the backyard this morning

Dizzy Photographics
13-04-2010, 11:04am
I have a resident blue wren around my place...probably more than one but i only ever see one at a time lol. This is the only one i've been able to get of him so far...he heard me coming on to the deck and flew off :( it'll be another couple of weeks before i see him again lol

saratoga
13-04-2010, 11:49am
Hi Deb

Unfortunately the subject here is way to small and too obscured by the grass. I'm almost inclined to think the grass stem is the main subject of this image!

Bird photography is generally the realm of people with big fast lenses, and that is for a reason...the bird will need to occupy a large part of the frame to create any real interest.

At the very least, even if some of the bird is obscured by vegetation, the eye should be clear and be in sharp focus.

Hope you can manage to capture a shot much closer in the future!

Apologies...I just noticed this was in the not for critique section!

Dizzy Photographics
13-04-2010, 12:00pm
thanks Greg...i did post it here because i know myself it has everything wrong with it i was just posting to show that i actually did get one...albeit a poor one.

I have no intention of delving in to the world of bird photography in a serious manner whatsoever...this just happens to be one of my favourite birds so i will try and get one with the equipment i already have :)

Shelley
13-04-2010, 3:37pm
Hey you got the Superb Fairy Wren - I just got back from Melb and so wanted to just see one and didn't even see one - this will do for now... well done on getting a glimpse.

Dizzy Photographics
13-04-2010, 5:22pm
i dont see them all that often but they do come out for show :) I stuck my head outside a few minutes ago and saw what looked like female ones...same shape but no colour??? all fly off the fence and up in the tree and they were a good 50m away from me but they knew i was out there. The blue ones do the same thing and given i have a house full of noisy kids....lol it really is a treat when i do see them :)

LJG
14-04-2010, 7:09am
These would have to be my favourite bird, I love their colour, but geez, they really are nervous little things that are hard to capture. I reckon you did OK just to get that shot!

Dizzy Photographics
14-04-2010, 7:24am
Thanks :) i did do a little bit of a happy dance afterwards...while it is covered by the scrub it is still the clearest shot of one that i have taken lol