PDA

View Full Version : Capable camera/print shop Canberra

Mircula
12-04-2010, 6:33pm
Hey,

just wondering where you print your images in Canberra....

I would like to go in a shop and get some advice how to set up my monitor etc as well.

So really i look for a competent camera/print shop.

Cheers,

Mirc

Mircula
19-04-2010, 11:32am
Hey,

are there really no people from Canberra here :( ?

OzzieTraveller
19-04-2010, 5:12pm
G'day Mirc

Just seen your post, may I respond
I am a canberra bloke, currrently travelling Oz, currently in western Vic ~ look fwd to meeting you early next month after I get back to town... :)

I get my "small pix" - 4x6" to 8x12" printed at Rabbit Foto in Belconnen Mall. I have used them for many years, they are not as cheap as others, but they show me their colour control QA strips (done regularly thru the day) so I know that their QA is okay.

I get my "big pix" ie: up to 20x30" done by RGB Pro Lab in Brisbane - mostly due to their very nice prices & 48hr turn around service

There is no one in Canberra (that I know of) offering a monitor calibration service. The "big shops" in the city - won't name then here for legal reasons - do not seem to be interested in "us amateurs"; one in the city has a professional section, but only seems to want to sell pro equipt at pro prices to those pros ... we can go and jump, so it seems

Hope this helps a bit
Regards, Phil

Bear Dale
19-04-2010, 5:17pm
Teds "The Basement" shop (There are 3 Teds stores in Canberra) in Canberra is staffed with knowledgeable and very helpful staff.

Analog6
19-04-2010, 6:28pm
There is what used to be Canlab, they are out at FYshwick, with a shop in the city (below). Fantastic professional printing, scanning and all photographic services.

Canlab
(02) 6247 6230
250 City Wlk (cnr Akuna St)
Canberra City ACT 2601