PDA

View Full Version : Noise Reduction Plugins

OutCast
10-04-2010, 10:13am
I'm looking around for a noise reduction plugin for Aperture 3 ... what do people consider the best? Noise Ninja? or is there something out there doing it better these days?

FallingHorse
10-04-2010, 11:38am
I use Topaz Labs Denoise - it's a plugin for PS, not sure if it works in aperture - you'd have to check - they have a 30 day free trial. I have found it to be easy and intuitive to use without losing detail. Much better than PS own denoise filter.

coolie21
10-04-2010, 11:43am
Dfine 2.0 from Nik software is an excellent plugin but not cheap. They also have a trial period. Haven't tried the inbuilt Aperture 3 noise reduction.

dantheman
10-04-2010, 6:54pm
I currently use noise ninja for cs4 but will be trying Nik's Dfine soon. Aparently Dfine is better, which would mean it is pretty good cause noise ninja works a treat.
Dan

dulvariprestige
11-04-2010, 1:35am
Neat image is another one, I know it can be a plug-in with photoshop, not sure about aperture though.

kiwi
11-04-2010, 7:10am
New new LR3 NR is pretty nifty

dmdigital
11-04-2010, 12:29pm
I'm looking around for a noise reduction plugin for Aperture 3 ... what do people consider the best? Noise Ninja? or is there something out there doing it better these days?
I was only contemplating the same thing yesterday and started searching this morning.

Seems to be a toss up between Noise Ninja and Nik Dfine. Aperture 3 NR seems OK, but I had a few images yesterday I could have used more flexibility with.

I really like the U Point feature of Nik software and so I was going to download the Nik 15 day trial and see how it goes but reading through support it mentions that Nik and Apple are still working through 64-bit Aperture 3 stability:(

coolie21
11-04-2010, 9:41pm
I was going to download the Nik 15 day trial and see how it goes but reading through support it mentions that Nik and Apple are still working through 64-bit Aperture 3 stability:(

I'm sure they will sort that out soon. However, currently, trying to use a Nik plugin simply reopens Aperture in 32-bit mode, and it works perfectly