PDA

View Full Version : Nik Software D-fine

Inspired
09-04-2010, 7:59pm
Does anyone know can you say apply d-fine to 30 images at the same time?

I started using D-Fine awhile ago (after reading a thread in here about it and neat image / noise reduction and think its great! But wondering can i apply it to mulitple images at a time? There is a family session i recently did and i have about 30 images i would like to use it on and was wondering if there was a way i could select them all and it to do them without having to go into each individual one?
Is it possible at all? I'm using it with CS4

Thanks so much

enduro
11-04-2010, 6:18pm
I don't know the answer but have tagged in in case someone posts it later.

Have you tried the Nik website? There are many tutorials on their site and maybe YouTube too.

kiwi
11-04-2010, 6:29pm
No, not that I have found anyhow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmdigital
18-04-2010, 6:56am
Yes it can, if you are using Apple's Aperture. It will allow you to step through all selected images.

I know this doesn't really help as you mention you are using PS CS4. However looking at the user guide, there is an "Auto Profile Load Behaviour, Auto Profile Image" that works on all open images.

dbax
18-04-2010, 10:33am
as Simpelogik says, If your D-fine( and I've not used this one) is used as a PS plugin you should be able to do a batch process, if you want to apply the exact same settings to every image. Create a PS action and use that in you batch processing. I've not tried it but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.
If your D-Fine is stand alone software well thats a whole different ball game.

Roof
13-05-2010, 1:19am
From a D-fine article 'If you have a group of similar photos taken at the same time, then you can
save a noise reduction profile and apply it to a batch of pictures simultaneously. Very
convenient!"

otherwise creat an action, that would be the only way.

Inspired
27-05-2010, 12:51pm
Thanks so much everyone! i will try make an action for it!

Allann
27-05-2010, 1:04pm
Not totally relevant, but this is possible if used via Lightroom as long as you are happy with the default Auto settings.
1. Select all pics you want to process in LR
2. Right click selection, and choose Edit in Dfine
3. After some time, you see the Dfine plugin and it'll allow you to process the images
4. Click Save All on the Plugin
5. LR will automatically display the edited images (normally stacked with the original if defaults are chosen).

This technique also works with the other Nik plugins too.

Hope this helps someone else.