PDA

View Full Version : Printing

Dylfish
07-04-2010, 7:38pm
Hey Guys I got a Datacolor Spyder 3 Pro a while ago and i took some photos of my baby niece on the weekend. anyways i just finished working on them and decided id test them out down at the local kambos photo lab.

When i got the photos they were very very very dull and seemed to be lacking the vibrance of my monitor. I realise the difference between the monitor profile being calibrated and their
printer profiles but seriously it cant be this far off?

I have my macs brightness maxed out but even when it's down to one bar its still brighter (marginally) than the printed copies.

any ideas?

kiwi
07-04-2010, 7:43pm
id be complaining/talking to the store

Dylfish
07-04-2010, 8:54pm
I did, when I asked about the printer profiles she suggested I adjust my levels :( ugggghh .

With a real lab what's the best way to match my monitor to a print?

kiwi
07-04-2010, 9:58pm
Ask for their icc profile otherwise it will be you vs them, or speak to boss or try a proper lab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soulman
09-04-2010, 11:43am
I have my macs brightness maxed out...The print shop you're using may have some issues too, but this is definitely at least part of your problem - you should calibrate your monitor to around 90 cd/m2 if you can, though you may not be able to get it this low. Certainly no brighter than 120.