PDA

View Full Version : scratched lens

David Woods
06-04-2010, 2:17pm
Hi Guys

I am wondering if anyone can tell me, if they know of anyone in the Sydney area that do lens polishing and recoating, a have a congo lens with a lot of scratches on both elements, and it shows on the negs?

Regards
David

David Woods
06-04-2010, 2:27pm
Hi Guys

I am wondering if anyone can tell me, if they know of anyone in the Sydney area that do lens polishing and recoating, a have a 300mm large format congo lens with a lot of scratches on both elements, and it shows on the negs?

Regards
David

Kym
06-04-2010, 2:45pm
G'Day & Welcome to the site.

I moved and merged your threads as they are the same.

It's usually a good idea to post an introduction as a first post ;)

ameerat42
06-04-2010, 3:54pm
Hi David. Welcome to AP. Now you've got me interested in how the pics look from the scratched lens. Can you post 1 or 2? Ta. There are a couple of larger stores in Sydney that may offer such a service, or put you in touch. Try Foto Riesel for one. Am.

Bear Dale
06-04-2010, 4:54pm
How successful would glass polishing be (and cost effective) wouldn't the polishing cause more problems?

David Woods
06-04-2010, 9:58pm
Hi David. Welcome to AP. Now you've got me interested in how the pics look from the scratched lens. Can you post 1 or 2? Ta. There are a couple of larger stores in Sydney that may offer such a service, or put you in touch. Try Foto Riesel for one. Am.
Hi

I've checked the stores out, they tell me it is a dying trade, there 4x5 negs I will see if I can get one scanned and put it on the site for you.

David

David Woods
06-04-2010, 10:02pm
How successful would glass polishing be (and cost effective) wouldn't the polishing cause more problems?
I don't really know, I don't want to toss the lens, it takes clear pictures except I can see the scratches on the negs.

David

David Woods
06-04-2010, 10:04pm
G'Day & Welcome to the site.

I moved and merged your threads as they are the same.

It's usually a good idea to post an introduction as a first post ;)
Thanks for that Kym