PDA

View Full Version : Yongnuo RF-602

Dylfish
06-04-2010, 1:18am
Hey guys i got a set of RF-602 wireless triggers, and i'm just wondering if anyone has theirs show up as a flash connected on the camera. Mine doesn't but i've read others have.

I have the canon triggers and i'm also wondering if it's possible to use the in camera flash controls on the flashes?

Cheers

Dylfish
06-04-2010, 4:10pm
any clues?

Clubmanmc
06-04-2010, 4:52pm
will get mine soon...

will let you know

:D
M

MarkChap
06-04-2010, 5:00pm
Um No,

Haven't heard of that actually

coolie21
06-04-2010, 10:31pm
Which camera?

Clubmanmc
07-04-2010, 4:21pm
just got mine today will have a play tonight, but from what i think, you will need to manually set the flash heads and take a meter reading...

:D

M

Invictus
07-04-2010, 5:23pm
I can't say I have noticed this happening ... it's got me curious though.
I'll have a play later and see.

Dylfish
07-04-2010, 7:25pm
mine doesn't do it and the manufacturer confirmed it shouldn't, just some people on flickr have noticed it.

pupmeister
07-04-2010, 9:14pm
Hey guys i got a set of RF-602 wireless triggers, and i'm just wondering if anyone has theirs show up as a flash connected on the camera. Mine doesn't but i've read others have.

I have the canon triggers and i'm also wondering if it's possible to use the in camera flash controls on the flashes?

Cheers

The camera should be able to detect that there is "something" connected to the hot shoe. Canon use a small pin on the side of the flash mount that gets pressed in when you mount something on the shoe. This prevents the pop up flash from popping up. However you will always see the no flash / incompatible flash when you access the external flash screen in the flash controls menu since this trigger is basically a dumb firing relay system and does not provide any other form of control of the flash. If you want to control you flashes wirelessly (and not make use of Canon's IR system) you will have to look at something significantly more upmarket than the RF-602. The only system that I currently know of that allows you to manipulate the flashes remotely is the Pocket Wizard miniTTL and FlexTTL systems.

All of this obviously assumes that you are using your Canon 40D as indicated in your sig.

Cheers

Stephen