PDA

View Full Version : 'Microstock' makes me laugh!

arthurking83
03-04-2010, 6:19pm
I'm not one to normally care/bother/think/laugh about microstock(or even stock) photography.. and having briefly looked into it a source of 'pocket money' a long time ago... that's about as far as I got before I realized that I'm better off just playing tattslotto on a weekly basis, as eventually my numbers are bound to come up, which is far less likely with stock photography, as I understand it.

So I stumbled upon THIS (http://fairtradephotographer.blogspot.com/2010/03/microstock-why-would-reputable-company.html) very amusing blog, via another site this morning.

made me laugh! :D

I have to get back to my photo sorting/pruning/editing now.

I @ M
03-04-2010, 10:15pm
Nothing like being unique is there? :D

Shelley
03-04-2010, 10:38pm
That is hilarious. :)

Kym
03-04-2010, 10:41pm
:lol2: Which is why people will steal original work from sites like this, and why we have certain protection in place.

arthurking83
03-04-2010, 11:58pm
I loved the line:

On a side note, 'Bad Credit Cosmetic Surgery Loans dot co dot uk' wins this month's prize for "dodgiest domain name"

Bad Credit Cosmetic Surgery Loans ???? :confused:

:lol:

kathiemt
04-04-2010, 12:01am
Yes, I saw that a couple of days ago. Quite amusing. Does that mean there's room for us because people will be looking for 'unique' photos?

Tricky
04-04-2010, 2:17am
Quite funny. You get what you pay for... in this case, probably $1. No doubt one of countless examples.

Microstock has its uses at the bottom end of the value chain; projecting your company's unique identity shouldn't be one of them.