PDA

View Full Version : Advise on viewing my LCD in daylite

loopdaloop
31-03-2010, 10:26pm
Hi, I was shooting in direct sun. I have a problem with my exposures, but find it hard seeing the LCD because of glare. Tried my hands and it works a bit but still to much side light. I hopped under a blanket to dull it down. Any suggestions?:umm:

ricktas
31-03-2010, 10:35pm
What camera? Some of the better DSLR have a brightness option in the menu system

TommySix
31-03-2010, 10:39pm
I duck it into my bag sometimes

kiwi
31-03-2010, 10:51pm
If it remains a big problem check out the goodman loupe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fillum
31-03-2010, 10:59pm
If it remains a big problem check out the goodman loupeI think that should be Hoodman loupe (http://www.hoodmanusa.com/products.asp?dept=1017). Don't know about local availability or prices.

(A while ago I was on the harbour and shot a couple of hundred sailing images. So bright that I didn't realise till I got them home that I'd shot them all in B&W :o)

Cheers.

kiwi
31-03-2010, 11:02pm
Yes sorry, iphone in bed typing issue

I've seen the hoodmans at photo continental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vqscorpions
07-04-2010, 3:09pm
you can try to buy the Hood shade for your camera on Ebay.com or Ebay.au.

those come from China with very reasonable price.

I personally recommend them, as I am using for both my D700 and D2xs, they work amazingly outdoor.

mcdesign
07-04-2010, 3:29pm
That looks like a great solution, thanks.

jev
09-04-2010, 6:17am
A simple cardboard cut-out screen should work just as well. However, don't judge your exposure based on what you see on the LCD of your camera - it will be off. Even the histogram shown should be taken with a grain of salt since it usually is derived on the thumbnail, not the complete image as you shot it.

chrisprendergast
11-04-2010, 1:21pm
i agree with many of the above posters, u could do a DIY plastic or cardboard option or u can buy a shader for it, but best best is to see on screen to make sure u are correct because the small lcd could give false info.

kazdez
01-05-2010, 1:31pm
I got a Hoodman Loupe from a Store in Brisbane. They needed to order it for me and was not cheap, but I absolutely love it.
Karen