PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on online vendor

GeneraX
27-03-2010, 3:31am
Does anyone have experience or comment on ############, an e-bay vendor?

I found that its price for Tokina 11-16 is the lowest but I am not sure whether it is worth to buy comparing to its after-sale services and warrantee.

So, I would like to have your suggestion if I want to buy the lens from an gray importer, which one would you recommend?

viscountvics
27-03-2010, 7:12am
I personally haven't really cared about the ebay vendor. As long as they have good positive review, i find that whatever i buy is always delivered to me :)

buying in ebay is really all about cheap price and not about service. thats why you are paying extra at the local shop.

good luck mate :)

ricktas
27-03-2010, 8:04am
Agree with viscounts, you use ebay at your own risk. Generally there are grey market stores available here in Aus, that can offer just as good deals, and they often have a local contact number, and some even have stores you can visit as well. This may not be the case in Bangkok. Australia will also have different importation laws, customs charges and taxes to Thailand, so you are probably asking this question on the wrong forum.

Looking at his site, his prices are not that great either.

He currently has a Sony Alpha A550+18-55mm lens and 16gb card for AU $972.17, yet a quick search shows me I can buy it from an Aus grey retailer (who has a bricks and mortar store) for around AU $900.00.

GeneraX
27-03-2010, 1:34pm
Thanks you all.

By the way, I am in Melbourne now so that's why I asked you guys in this website : )

So, Ricktas, can you tell me what the local gray retailer you talked about maybe I can give them a visit? Thanks.

ricktas
27-03-2010, 5:22pm
have a look at www.shopbot.com.au and type in what you want to buy

dsaini
05-04-2010, 6:20pm
I bought shutter release cable for D3 sometime back. It came with broken connector. I sent them picture of it and they asked me to send it back and then they both refunded postage (around $5) and sent me a new one which worked fine.

As said above, we don't buy from eBay due to awesome service (or lack thereof), its because of the cheap price.

beaco
25-05-2010, 12:02am
*Post removed. member with under 50 posts are not allowed to promote commercial ventures. Join in and participate more and then you will be allowed to discuss your favourite vendors - Admin *