PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had problems with Nissin Di866 Flash Info??

BexPuppies
26-03-2010, 6:28pm
Hi,

After much research and a lot of questions, I finally bit the bullet and bought my first speedlite (Nissin Di866 for a Canon 350D). I've noticed that when manually setting the Flash Exposure via the Nissin the information going back to the camera when it's set to "0" seems to be wrong. :(

For example: If I set the FE to -1.0, take a photo and review the picture with information - the flash exposure data displays as -1.0 (same goes for -2/3 or +1.0, +2/3 etc). If however, I set the Flash Exposure to 0, take a photo and review the picture witn information, the FE data shows as +1.0 (every time). For the record, the actual flash seems to be using the correct flash exposure as per what ever has been set.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue or could suggest some troubleshooting ideas? (I hope I've made the right decision buying the Nissin!! :confused013).

Appreciate your help!!

BexPuppies
27-04-2010, 9:50pm
Hi, thanks for the reply, yes, when I'm having the problem it's in full automatic mode so I'm guessing that maybe the flash just isn't getting the correct info from the camera for some reason. But you are correct, it's my first flash and I am a beginner and all other functions of the flash have worked well so far. I think it'll be just fine while I'm learning the ropes of this great "hobby"!! :)