PDA

View Full Version : Grrr! Aperture 3 U/G = redo printer profiles

Calxoddity
25-03-2010, 1:16pm
Hi,
Just something to be aware of for people who are considering upgrading their Aperture 2 install to Aperture 3: the printing engine is changed and you have to establish all your printer and paper profile combos again.

All is not lost however, as the printing capability has been enhanced with ability to have more variation in layouts and inclusion of metadata on the print.

If anybody needs a hand with particular aspects of the printing or paper profiles in respect of the Epson R1900, give me a yell. If it's any other printer I'm probably going to be not much help, but I can give it a go if you've run out of guesses! :p

Regards,
Calx

PS - Two thumbs up for Ilford Smooth Pearl Paper - if you haven't tried this yet, it's very nice!

MarkW
25-03-2010, 1:58pm
Hi Cal
Have you come up with a set of parameters cause with all the new setting, I ended up just getting lost in the maze.

ATM I'm openning CS3 just to do a print using a printer managed profile. I would really love to get to an Aperture managed system but it just seemed too difficult.

Calxoddity
25-03-2010, 4:55pm
Mark,
They've separated the Aperture settings from the printer settings, so it's a little bit different to set up.

So far I've only re-done a couple of Ilford papers in basic A4 form, but here's a quick guide from what I can remember (I use a PC at work, the mac is at home):

* In Aperture Dialogue*
Printer: SP R1900
Profile: the relevant paper profile
Black Point: On
Rendering Intent: Perceptual
Brightness: 1.10
Sharpening: your call, maybe just a little

* Click on print - now comes the printer dialogue *
Paper: A4
Layout|Paper Type: Photo|Premium Gloss or Premium Semi-Gloss
Quality: Best Photo (I may try Photo also later, as the prints are a touch dark)

I haven't mucked around with bordered versus borderless yet, and am not really sure if I want to.

Note the above settings only apply to Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss and Smooth Pearl papers.

Regards,
Calx

MarkW
25-03-2010, 8:39pm
Thanx Calx

Works like a treat and sves me having to load CS3 just for a print. I did have to up the brightness just a bit more cause of the Cinema screen even though its turned down to 80% with shades. All is good.