PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?

creativepro
25-03-2010, 12:02am
Hullo everyone

I have a Nikon D700 with a 24-70 mm lens , speed light and a few other lenses and camera accessories
On the web I came across from what I see could be a useful carrying combination that could suit me as a middle aged women traveling on her own overseas.

The product is a Women's Digital Chestvest by Newswear

What I would like to know how easy is it to have on i.e whether cumbersome ; how waterproof and dustproof is the vest?

Can anybody assist?

Jcas
27-03-2010, 6:47pm
I have never seen one of these, but there is a good review HERE (http://radical-images.blogspot.com/2007/05/newswear-digital-chestvest-review.html)

ameerat42
27-03-2010, 7:54pm
Hullo everyone

I have a Nikon D700 with a 24-70 mm lens , speed light and a few other lenses and camera accessories
On the web I came across from what I see could be a useful carrying combination that could suit me as a middle aged women traveling on her own overseas.

The product is a Women's Digital Chestvest by Newswear

What I would like to know how easy is it to have on i.e whether cumbersome ; how waterproof and dustproof is the vest?

Can anybody assist?

Hmm! And you could also ask, "And how robber-proof is it?"

My first reaction on reading the foregoing, and the link to the vest, was. "Hey! Target me! I've got gear. Hurry, limited time only!"
Am.

creativepro
27-03-2010, 11:52pm
thanks for your responses

When you look at the review it looks good - but I doubt it really good-enough waterproof for walking in the rain

Sue

phild
28-03-2010, 1:15pm
The Lowepro flipside AW series is relatively theft proof, plus has a built in weather protector. Short of cutting the straps and running away with the bag there is no way a potential theif can get in.

creativepro
28-03-2010, 2:57pm
Thanks for the advise re Lowepro Flipside AW - I will visit Michaels next time I am in the City to check it out.

What size do you have?

Sue

kevinj
01-04-2010, 5:35pm
+1 on the Lowepro Flipside,I have the 400 AW and it`s an excellent bag,roomy,comfortable to wear for long periods and the all weather cover works really well.

Analog6
01-04-2010, 6:12pm
I think both models of the women's chestvest look pretty good. I have a bad back and cannot wear any wort of backpack camera bag, this one keep the weight in right by the body, it would be far better. I always carry a plastic rain poncho anyway so in heavy rain it would go right over the lot.

Thanks for mentioning it, Sue, I think Ill probably get one of these. I reckon it would be pretty hard for anyone to open the velcro without you hearing it!

creativepro
03-04-2010, 7:19pm
Hi Analog6

Let me know how you go with the vest

regards

Sue