PDA

View Full Version : Silverton

41jas
23-03-2010, 2:56pm
Photos from around Silverton area. Was different than what I imagined but still good to look at. A lot of ruins. The Hotel was cool inside but the car needs tarting up.

yummymummy
23-03-2010, 3:05pm
oh they're so cool! Love the first one, notice you had to sneak the ute into the photo ;) lol

mudman
23-03-2010, 4:00pm
had a few beers there when i worked in the sheds.
didn't know mad max drank there though

41jas
23-03-2010, 5:52pm
had a few beers there when i worked in the sheds.
didn't know mad max drank there though

It's been years since I've seen the movie. Makes me want to watch it again.
The walls are full of Mel's photo's. The car is a Replica. More like a wanna be.

clm738
23-03-2010, 8:33pm
There was a segment on ACA a while ago about the guy and his car. From memory he is a mad, Mad Max fan and is from England. Moved out here to he could live in Silverton then his wife followed?
All the pics look very clean, as if the dirt had been swept, not what I expected. Like the last one best.

old dog
23-03-2010, 8:43pm
very nice JA.....love the first and the last ones. Love to get out there one day.

41jas
23-03-2010, 9:00pm
There was a segment on ACA a while ago about the guy and his car. From memory he is a mad, Mad Max fan and is from England. Moved out here to he could live in Silverton then his wife followed?
All the pics look very clean, as if the dirt had been swept, not what I expected. Like the last one best.

The people in the Hotel said the car is in a museum in England along with famous other cars from other movies.
The mad, Mad Max fan is suppose to be opening a museum here sometime this year. Yes, he's from England to. I wish he was there when we were there. :(
Some photos I have seen were so different to what it is about now. They are extending buildings and you can't get that isolated shot like we've seen. It was still good to see.

Mary Anne
24-03-2010, 12:58am
I enjoyed looking at this series thanks for sharing, I liked them all

41jas
25-03-2010, 10:21pm
oh they're so cool! Love the first one, notice you had to sneak the ute into the photo ;) lol

LOL......how did that ute get there????? ......LOL

Photogra
29-03-2010, 10:02pm
Hey Jules nice series of photos.