PDA

View Full Version : RF-602s and Canon

coolie21
23-03-2010, 12:06pm
I love my RF-602 Yongnuo triggers, they have changed my life :D:D:D

HOWEVER they are as loose as a loose thing on the canon hotshoe and have no locking mechanism on either the receiver or transmitter. I managed to catch my 580EXII as it fell off the light stand once but it was a close call.

Do any other users have any tips or mods that might be helpful? (and don't say 'should have bought PWs'...)

coolie21
24-03-2010, 1:28pm
Nobody?

JM Tran
24-03-2010, 1:35pm
honestly, a bit of initiative and ingenuity? I just used a bit of tape at the end every time I use it!

but now that the hotshoe on my 1DsMKII is depressed a bit, its a very very tight squeeze to push it in and take it out, which I love - hence no need for tape anymore

however, the flash such as the 580 shouldnt be a problem mounting on the receiver as they can be tightened/locked in with the lever........its only the trigger unit that has no locking mechanism - and thats what I was talking about.

MarkChap
24-03-2010, 1:35pm
I use one of those swivel type umbrella brackets that has a clamp system, it holds the receiver tight so not an issue for me.

You could try putting some gaffer tape over the shoe of the receiver to make the fit tighter

coolie21
24-03-2010, 3:15pm
Yes, the umbrella clamp works well with the 580 and 430. Using the flash on its plastic stand however (which I sometimes do if I am using a tripod as a second light stand or trying to be more portable) needs tape or some other solution. The transmitter might be fixed as you say with a bit of tape.

It is not that I have no initiative or ingenuity, I just think sticky tape is a crap solution in the midst of 1000's of dollars of kit and wondered if there was something better out there....

MarkChap
24-03-2010, 8:08pm
The RF-602's have a tripod screw thread in the bottom, why not just screw that to the tripod rather than use the little stand

JM Tran
24-03-2010, 11:08pm
The RF-602's have a tripod screw thread in the bottom, why not just screw that to the tripod rather than use the little stand

yes why not this? not to mention the 580 flash stand can be screwed on as well at the base....

It is not that I have no initiative or ingenuity, I just think sticky tape is a crap solution in the midst of 1000's of dollars of kit and wondered if there was something better out there....

you should see pros jury-rig their gear with diff types of tape, not to mention military personnel doing the same thing......and they go into the millions of dollars of equipment too...

coolie21
25-03-2010, 6:30am
you should see pros jury-rig their gear with diff types of tape, not to mention military personnel doing the same thing......and they go into the millions of dollars of equipment too...

Why is that an excuse for bad design? What a bizarre comment..... :confused013