PDA

View Full Version : Service Centre - Sydney

finn
21-03-2010, 4:34pm
From Canon's website, their only service centre in Sydney is in North Ryde.

I want to send my Camera in to the service centre for sensor cleaning as my D.I.Y attempt has smeared the sensor.

a) Do they accept postal orders ?

b) What days and times is the service centre open ?

c) How much could I expect for a 5D sensor clean ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

para
21-03-2010, 4:47pm
Personally would use a courier so you can track it,but yes do except postal there is a form to fill out that can be downloaded from there site

Xenedis
21-03-2010, 4:58pm
From Canon's website, their only service centre in Sydney is in North Ryde.

Yes, that's correct.

a) Do they accept postal orders ?

I believe you can send your gear -- but call first and have it booked in. Also, pack it well and send it as registered mail with insurance, as Canon would not be liable for damage in transit.

Canon would have to accept gear via mail, as people who aren't in Sydney generally cannot go personally.

Best to give Canon a call for its own recommendations.

b) What days and times is the service centre open ?

Probably standard business hours.

I've been there a few times, but I'm fortunate in that it's close by.

c) How much could I expect for a 5D sensor clean ?

$50. If you're a CPS member, it's free.

Hinchy
22-03-2010, 1:28pm
I had to send my canon throw australia air express, with insurance. This way you can keep track of were you equipment was.
Yes ring canon first.
Happy with canon's service.

finn
24-03-2010, 12:06pm
Thanks for all your help.

HoboSyke
11-06-2010, 12:17am
You live within 30 mins from the canon service center. Just take it there yourself?

dejavu
11-06-2010, 12:54am
If you take it in, they can do it on the spot.

Bring your laptop and card reader, check the sensor right after they clean it. If you walk out, and the sensor is not 100% clean, they will not re-clean it for you. On the other hand, if you catch the problem at the counter, they will happily re-work.

Mine went in for cleaning and they only got around 40% of the dust/specs off. I ended up doing it myself with 90% propanol and kimwipes.

It was $50 odd for a clean. They are open 8:30 to 5:30 if I remember correctly. It is listed on the Canon website.