PDA

View Full Version : Portraiture Posing gear

Adrian Fischer
15-03-2010, 3:01pm
Any of you portrait shooters out there use a specific stool and table for your work? I have a non adustable stool and a foldng table but find that not being adjustable Im forever having to do "work arounds" to get the subject posed properly. Ive had a quick look locally but didnt see anything. Any pointers for local suppliers would be nice.

Thanks

I @ M
15-03-2010, 5:19pm
I think you will find the same problem hits many amateurs like us Adrian. To have all the "necessary" stools, chairs, tables etc. etc. runs into big $$ and starts being "professional" expenditure.

I have been making do with a plain wooden stool and recently a smallish wooden chair but am starting to feel the need for more variety and effective props. Improvisation is definitely the go here because the wallet isn't that flush.

I am about to construct a white based and fronted platform from cheap materials so I will post a "how to" thread on the construction in the future.

Adrian Fischer
15-03-2010, 10:32pm
I look forward to that Andrew.

gofor59
04-06-2011, 12:02pm
I look forward to that Andrew.

Try ikea, they have an adjustable bar stool that is perfect for posing both older kids and adults