PDA

View Full Version : Fire in my Town

Jodster
14-03-2010, 3:01pm
Yesterday we had a big fire that threatened homes and a prison. The fire was started a guy had an accident on his motorbike and the motorbike started the fire. From what has been said the fire started at 9am and wasn't reported till 10am

I couldn't get close as this fire was out of control and dangerous.
These photo's are not very good but I managed to get some shots.

1) and 2) Taken an hour after the fire started. 10am

3,4 and 5 were taken at about 6:30pm last nite, they had declared it out of control and were really trying to evacuate people. 3 was taken in a different spot to 4 and 5, the smoke from the fire covered the town and it was thick and horrible. From taking hubby to work in town and then taking him his dinner later my car smelt of smoke later and so did my clothes and hair.
Thank god it rained at about 9pm that seemed to have helped. At 11pm I went for a drive before I picked hubby up from work and I couldn't see any flames.

Miaow
14-03-2010, 4:13pm
Looks pretty close to buildings and the turbine there - hope no properties have been lost/damaged

merlin
14-03-2010, 10:39pm
hope nobody was hurt

Jodster
14-03-2010, 11:31pm
The only person that got hurt was the motorcyclist when he crashed it. Broken collar bone I heard.

I don't think there were any homes lost, there were still some roads blocked this afternoon and they were still putting out spot fires, but the rain has helped alot.

When it has all settled down in a couple of days, I will try and get out there and get more photo's.

Jeanette
15-03-2010, 7:43pm
oh poor darling . and feeling bad knowing on top of that it started a fire..
wow
where do you live Jodster..

Jodster
16-03-2010, 3:40pm
I live in Albany, Western Australia

Jeanette
17-03-2010, 12:06am
nice views... ( well better when no smoke hey )