PDA

View Full Version : This file does not contain image data!

Raven
14-03-2010, 1:22pm
Arrrrrgh!

I just had a FANTASTIC shoot. I looked back through the LCD with the client and she was happy with them.

So I downloaded them and number 1 opens fine.

Numbers 2 - 133 won't open because "photoshop do not recognise this type of file" (*insert chosen expletive here*)

Numbers 134 - 167 all open fine.

I put the memory card back in the camera to look and I can't even view them via the LCD any more because the camera tells me "the file does not contain image data" :eek:

I'm so foul :angry0: Could it be a camera issue or a card issue? I would have thought a card issue wouldn't have allowed ANY of the files to be opened.

Desperately need some advice on what to do and if this is salvageable please!!!!!!

ameerat42
14-03-2010, 1:37pm
I had this problem with multi-page tiffs. Are yours tiffs? I used ACDC (or any other that'll read multi-page tiffs) and saved the first page only. Photoshop then played Bingo. Am...

arthurking83
14-03-2010, 1:44pm
As Am implied.... try another image viewing program.
Do the files transfer to the PC OK?

what format are the 'images'.

which camera were you using... I'm assuming the D700.
Sounds like corrupted images during transfer.

Raven
14-03-2010, 2:18pm
They are NEF (nikon RAW) files and yep taken with the D700. I just had to download rescue pro because to the stoopid iMac doesn't take the mini disk and they are not able to be rescued.

I can see they are gonners because they are only 1.5MB and the ones that are OK are 10.5MB.

So mad I'm going to eat a whole packet of timtams before calling the client to re-shoot.

ameerat42
14-03-2010, 2:21pm
I'd be spittin' chips along with those timtams. I have had a few bad data losses. Am...

Raven
14-03-2010, 8:52pm
Well this story has ended marvellously :D

I was looking at another forum and someone suggested Cardrescue so I downloaded the trial and lo and behold, it was able to recover the files! Cost me $45 to be able to save them but at least I have a solution if it ever happens again and I would have spent that much in petrol driving down to reshoot! It even pulled off old long deleted files from when the card had been formatted so about 400 all up. Not that I needed them but I'm amazed nonetheless!

So the Sandisk Rescue Pro Deluxe told me they were unrecoverable but the Cardrescue was able to. Guess the moral to the story is to try more than one type of file rescue software before giving up :efelant: