PDA

View Full Version : the self-proclaimed worlds fastest browser is here.

ving
13-03-2010, 1:14pm
http://www.opera.com/

opera 10.50 ready to go. its cool beyond words!

stevemack
13-03-2010, 1:40pm
I dont think there far from wrong mate i was running 10.10 and this latest version is heaps faster.Thanks for the heads up on the latest version :th3:

steve.

I @ M
13-03-2010, 2:01pm
For the first time ever after dumping IE many many moons ago I have downloaded and tried any browser other than Firefox.

Opera set up and installation whizzed through, the look is ok and i am sure that once a person learns how to drive it the features would be second nature to use but ---- it is still slower than firefox.

I @ M
13-03-2010, 2:23pm
And it doesn't support multiple monitors properly, looks like it is heading West shortly.

ricktas
13-03-2010, 2:30pm
I just installed it as well, it seems to use a clever caching system. Once I had visited a few sites the first time and returned to them, it loaded damn fast the second time round, but to do so, me thinks it is caching a lot more than other browsers do.

I @ M
13-03-2010, 2:41pm
Now it wants me to go to a whole heap of US sites that have no relevance to me and spend money.

Pass.

kiwi
13-03-2010, 2:44pm
Wouldn't install for me, pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yarnella
13-03-2010, 2:53pm
Firefox is working for me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And it's fast enough for my needs.

Kym
13-03-2010, 3:00pm
Meh! Still can't render 4 adverts of AP - it must be cheating re: cache :p

PerfectPicture
13-03-2010, 3:09pm
Thanks for the heads up ..

used to use Opera before ages ago ... but found Firefox is much more secure, has heaps of addons, including "FastestFox - Browse Faster (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9825)" addon in firefox as well.

And now Firefox released new Firefox 3.6 version, and "New Personas Plus", which setup browser themes. Check it out, its great. Now wonder what's the best way to set pictures to update the theme to use within Firefox browser.

Also other helpful addons are : Video DownloadHelper > great for downloading youtube and videos from many sites, very handy for those how-to guides on photoshop from youtube ;) lol
Also EXIF data addon's etc, and many, many more.

either way, good to see competition ... because at the end of the day, The consumer is the WINNER with the choices and features on offer :)
and hardly anybody uses IE anymore :food04:

Cheers

Paul G
13-03-2010, 4:20pm
Running FF3.6 here. Didn't find the Persona Skins add-ons of any consequence (just thought they made it harder to see the tabs and menus etc) and try to limit add-ons to really relevant ones as too many still seems to slow FF a little.

dsaini
25-03-2010, 3:46pm
Opera is my fav. Has Chrome and Firefox crash on me so much, i cant explain the frustration. I cannot imagine the last time Opera crashed on me.