PDA

View Full Version : Poor Puppy :(

Miaow
11-03-2010, 4:48pm
Poor Jet (aka the fox in socks) is back home after his op today (desexing and a couple of loose dew claws removed) - poor thing is obviously not happy :(

Miaow
11-03-2010, 5:03pm
and the outdoor drip bag footwear to keep the bandages dry

Lani
11-03-2010, 5:27pm
Poor boy, I reckon the dew claws are the last of his worries compared to the other indignity lol.
Look out tho, once the anaesthetic wears off, I'll bet a lot of money he'll have pulled those plastic bags off in no time.

Miaow
11-03-2010, 5:34pm
Thanks Lani, Yeah the dewies are prob not as bad as the other though obviously hurting a heap? the bags aren't staying on all the time are just for outside - he's being kept inside at pres - which is maybe not good in a way cause ej wants him play all the time :eek:

Shelley
11-03-2010, 6:43pm
He does look sad, doesn't he. I hope he recovers quickly and back into mischief...

Miaow
11-03-2010, 7:13pm
Yeah Shelly he was sad then - hes's picked up a bit now - You wouldnt beleive it but he's already pinching EJ's toys and toilet paper rolls lol

NikonNellie
11-03-2010, 8:21pm
Gee...you gotta feel for him. Double ouch! :o

Miaow
11-03-2010, 8:26pm
yeah true he wasnt a happy puppy - now hes ok at pres pinching socks and toys

clm738
11-03-2010, 8:45pm
Poor baby. Sounds like he is starting to pick up.

Miaow
11-03-2010, 8:49pm
Thanks Carmen yeah he's picked up a heap in the last few hours - keeping the footwear on so can go outside if needs

Wulfys Kingdom
11-03-2010, 8:53pm
oh dear, poor thing... he makes such a good :( face lol. I'm sure treats will perk him up nicely though.

Mary Anne
11-03-2010, 9:13pm
Ouch poor Jet.. Lots of hugs and cuddles for you..

Miaow
11-03-2010, 9:23pm
Thanks Wulfy and Mary Anne - he is feeling better now I think balance is heaps better though other dog is wondering why he;s inside and wants came in also
Not sure if can see in that 1st shot but his left eye is blood shot like anything (must be the anestheic?) seems ok now

Wulfys Kingdom
11-03-2010, 10:12pm
Not sure if can see in that 1st shot but his left eye is blood shot like anything (must be the anestheic?) seems ok now

I'm not sure what must have caused that, I can just tell after you've pointed it out. Hope he's ok.

rwg717
11-03-2010, 10:30pm
Poor old hound, had to read the script again.....ooops, wouldn't be too keen myself:o
Richard

Miaow
11-03-2010, 10:45pm
Richard he seems ok now hes asleep

Wulfy - i think may have been the anestheic with the eyes - only that left was like that was really weird - the red was the membranes under the eyeball - eye focus was everywhere at the time :eek: - he threw up not long after it and then he was suddenly fine - they did say if ate he could throw up and he ate what they said (1/2 normal meal) and yep it went everywhere :/

Mac Daddy
11-03-2010, 10:52pm
Wow he doesn't look happy at all but he will get over it :)

mikew09
11-03-2010, 10:58pm
Awwwhh - poor fellow. Hope he recovers quickly. Nice looking fellow.

Miaow
11-03-2010, 11:03pm
Thanks Dave and Mike - Yeah he's a lot better now - the more the anethetic wears off the better is :) Is fast asleep at pres (minus plastic footwear)

seastorm
12-03-2010, 1:22am
Well, I don't think I'll be happy to have my goolies removed :(

Miaow
12-03-2010, 9:28am
True Andrew wouldn't be nice :eek:

Well Jet's back to his usual thieving self and so far this morning has stolen shoes, clothes and other toys .... be good in a way when can stay outside again lol He also ripped up EJ's fairy wings - she was very upset :(

Jeanette
12-03-2010, 10:14am
aww poor darling .. huge hugs and warm fuzzies for Jet... i just adore my pets.. dog 2 cats 11 chickens horse ......... my Bailey ( chocolate lab ) is a mature lady now and blind ... and just soooo beautiful:)

Miaow
12-03-2010, 10:21am
Thanks Jeanette yeah he wasnt a happy pup yesterday at all - Is good seeing him back to his normal self today - well good in ways though not good as in the chewing and destruction lol

Miaow
12-03-2010, 6:11pm
Just thought I'd update this - has spent most of the day outside today with his groovy footwear - only had one come off a couple of times - he hates them on but ah well till those bandages come off he can't get them wet ... Is chasing balls and playing with our other dog - so pretty much back to his usual self :)

rwg717
12-03-2010, 10:31pm
Richard he seems ok now hes asleep

Wulfy - i think may have been the anestheic with the eyes - only that left was like that was really weird - the red was the membranes under the eyeball - eye focus was everywhere at the time :eek: - he threw up not long after it and then he was suddenly fine - they did say if ate he could throw up and he ate what they said (1/2 normal meal) and yep it went everywhere :/

Don't know too much about the de-sexing but the dew-claw removal is probably the best move you will ever make on his behalf, especially if you live in a semi-rural area. I know a couple of old guys who lost dogs to a slow and agonizing death when their dogs became entangled in netting fences when they were trying to jump them:(
The worst part is that the owners had no idea where the dogs were untill someone found their remains some days later....very sad indeed!
Richard

Miaow
13-03-2010, 10:34am
Ouch on the dogs caught in the fences :(
Yeah these 2 dewies were hanging out to the side a bit and could easily have caught up in things