PDA

View Full Version : Adobe P/S

rwg717
08-03-2010, 9:31pm
Interested to find out from members who had Adobe CS3 installed on their computers when P/S CS4 was released, did Adobe allow an upgrade to CS4 for a nominal fee or was it a case of a fresh install of CS4 right from the start?
Richard

Big Pix
08-03-2010, 9:33pm
upgrade...... but at a price

WorkingClassHero
08-03-2010, 10:06pm
Upgrade for me too. I was living in the US at the time, think it was around $250.

MarkW
09-03-2010, 4:32pm
I was certainly not offered a reasonable upgrade, they offered me something like $650 AUS which is too stupid for words. At the time there was a change in operating systems or cameras (I can't quite recall which) but I do remember that you had to upgrade if you wanted the ability to that system/camera. It really was extortion as virually all other programmes provide an upgrade or additional drivers free of charge. I didn't bother with the upgrade and don't think very highly of Adobe business ethics and the lack of support to those of us paying almost $1k for one of their applications. With this sort of attitude to paying customers, I can appreciate why so many people resort to piracy. Its not that they're unwilling to pay a reasonable cost, just unwilling to be ripped off again and again.

I think the reason for change was using MS Vista - not that would be an issue as I primarily use a Mac.

James T
09-03-2010, 4:37pm
You pay the upgrade primarily for the new features.

If you want camera support you can get the relevant version of your raw processing software of choice. Lightroom, Aperture, or the one that comes with your camera.

Or, Adobe themselves provide a free DNG convertor which you can run your files through and the use whatever version of CR you have with PS. :th3:

rwg717
09-03-2010, 8:00pm
Yes I had a terrible feeling that this would be the story I would hear, have a relative who has CS3 and was interested in upgrading to 4 and suspected that there would be no cheap answer!!!:angry0:
Thanks all:D
Richard