PDA

View Full Version : E-520 Data Query

Floribunda
05-03-2010, 3:59pm
I find that when editing a photo in Olympus Master (even just to resize) I lose the data in the edited photo.

Is there a way around this?

Lyn.

Wulfys Kingdom
05-03-2010, 9:32pm
Perhaps check this setting when you save. Master might be sitting on "JPEG" instead of "Exif-JPEG"

Floribunda
07-03-2010, 12:20pm
Wulfys - I feel particularly STUPID!! You are right of course, and thank you so much for taking the trouble to reply!
If only I would read EVERYTHING on the computer screen.
Lyn.
BTW - I love your Billy Connelly quote!

Wulfys Kingdom
07-03-2010, 7:20pm
No problems!! I just remembered seeing it back when i used to use Master :) I'm glad to hear it helped lol.

olympuse620
11-03-2010, 5:11pm
I find that when editing a photo in Olympus Master (even just to resize) I lose the data in the edited photo.

Is there a way around this?

Lyn.
have you used Olympus Studio and what are your thoughts

griffljg
18-03-2010, 7:25pm
I tried out Olympus Studio last year and was so impressed with the raw converter that I bought a copy.

The package is fairly "clunky" from the user interface point of view, but is nevertheless fairly competent. That magnificent new raw converter makes up for everything.:th3:

Ross the fiddler
23-05-2010, 12:31pm
Now, have people used the Olympus Viewer 2 yet? My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to include the calender/time line feature in Master & Studio. Of course it doesn't include the tethered feature of Studio, but you can't expect everything for free. At least it has all the editing functions of Studio 2.

Ross

peterb666
23-05-2010, 12:59pm
Now, have people used the Olympus Viewer 2 yet? My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to include the calender/time line feature in Master & Studio. Of course it doesn't include the tethered feature of Studio, but you can't expect everything for free. At least it has all the editing functions of Studio 2.

Ross

I am using Olympus Viewer 2 to download from the camera (actually I prefer Picasa for that) and convert RAW images.

I find the levelling control crap compared to Picasa and Viewer doesn't seem to have any convenient zoom controls.

You have to go into the menu - is there a keyboard short-cut?

There is no helpfile in the download. I think the software is still a 'beta' build but you would think that there should be a help file (note that I write software documentation so this irks me a lot).

I think it is better than the old Master software but the image-zoom is a pain.

The price is right and you get lens distorsion fix from RAW that I don't get in Picasa.