PDA

View Full Version : Cropping Software

hancor
03-03-2010, 10:31pm
Hi all

Can someone me, im looking for a cropping software tool that crops image to exciting ratio.

kiwi
03-03-2010, 10:32pm
Exciting ?

Almost all post processing software allows cropping so I don't see why it's a problem ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hancor
03-03-2010, 10:39pm
Hi Kiwi

What im looking for is a program that keeps the image in the same size ratio when cropped. I have photoshop cs4 & Bdsizer - both great software.

Do i make sence !!!!

kiwi
03-03-2010, 10:41pm
Cs4 crop tool crop at 6:4 landscape or 4x6 or any multiple if that should retain the original image size re ratio

rwg717
03-03-2010, 10:46pm
Most imaging software has a cropping tool, you need to select "re-size" first on the image you want to crop and look for a box with "Maintain Apect Ratio", click in that box and that should do it.
Richard

hancor
03-03-2010, 10:59pm
mmm

Kiwi you helped again. I did not realize i had to hold down the shift key in PS to keep the ratio.

Its Scary being silly sometimes !!!!

kiwi
03-03-2010, 11:02pm
I'm glad to take credit, but I didn't suggest that one

ricktas
04-03-2010, 8:01am
You can also select the crop tool, then up the top left where the selected tool shows, click the small arrow next to it and pick your aspect ratio, along with PPI,from a drop down list. No need to hold the shift key down then. To reset the tool, right click it.

georgegowan
15-03-2010, 11:32am
Not too familiar with menu names in Photoshop, but Gimp is pretty much the same. I just go:
Image->Scale Image
Then where you enter the values, there should be a small lock icon next to it (make sure it's clicked in). Once you enter the size of one axis, the other will be set to the ratio of the original. I don't know how to describe it fully in words, but you should get the gist of it.

This is assuming Photoshop is still similar to Gimp, haven't used it in a while. I'm sure it's there somewhere.

Another thing which you might find handy is that you should be able to scale with percentages too.

andrask
05-05-2010, 11:25pm
The nifty freeware editor, Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/), will do that for you if you need a simpler, costless alternative.

hancor
06-05-2010, 7:35pm
That's quite a good program thanks !