PDA

View Full Version : Reflections and Flash

Gluggy
28-02-2010, 5:05pm
I'm hoping someone from the AP community can help with some advice on this particular set up. I'm trying to shoot a face through a closed window that has water sprinkled on it, running down like rain. I want just the face on the otherside of the glass illuminated but have the reflection and rain clear on the other side. This means the face can be OOF and soft if need be, but I can't get the rain droplets or reflections in the glass to show on the final shot. Do I need another flash on this side of the glass perhaps?

I set up with a flash on the inside with the model and a wireless trigger so I can illuminate theface OK but I lose the rian effect.

Anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Glyn

MarkChap
28-02-2010, 5:30pm
I would think Glyn if you are not getting the rain effect, that yes you will need a light outside.
If you were going to have the face soft anyways, maybe just the one light from outside ??

Brodie
02-03-2010, 6:59pm
putting the light outside will give you shadows on your model, but do you want a natural look? If so this would be better anyway.

If theres a small gap somewhere between the model and the window, fire a light from inside to outside, but gobo the light so it doesnt touch the model at all and so it doesnt give any flare to the camera. This might give some reflections to the rain drops.