PDA

View Full Version : trouble with prints

TREVOR
27-02-2010, 7:30pm
Ok just seeing if anyone else has trouble with prints and also were everyone gets there prints done at
the problem i have is that the colours especially skin tones are different once developed from what it is on computer.
I have calibrated my moniter with spyder pro so i k ow its not that.
I am developing them at harvey n orman or big w with the fuji self serve printers.
Any ideas as to why would be great i will show some photos of the difference later but right n ow i am off to work

JM Tran
27-02-2010, 7:38pm
trevor is your colour profile set to Adobe RGB or SRGB?

all of those retail printers will be on SRGB

TREVOR
28-02-2010, 8:06am
not sure on that, is that in photoshop or on the computer itself.:confused013

Lani
28-02-2010, 9:52am
This (http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/color-management1.htm)might get you started into the quagmire of colour management.
If you want reliable prints, HN etc are probably not he best way to go. I use Digitalworks (http://www.digitalworks.net.au/owners/index.asp)and have found them very good. They have some info about colourspaces on their site too.

flash
28-02-2010, 12:09pm
Trevor if you are using Photoshop then your output settings should be "adobe R.G.B." for home print and S.R.G.B. for out of house production,

I use an Epson r1900 printer and I downloaded a "plugin" for Photoshop for my printer so my settings in adobe Photoshop cs2 are "output settings, R.G.B., printer settings, R1900"

my colours come out perfect, i have not calibrated my monitor, if any gurus can see a flaw in my response please correct me

N*A*M
01-03-2010, 9:33pm
i wish we could get a colour profile from HN/BigW/Officeworks
i have the same problem... they boost saturation and levels, and i get clipped highlights

could you do test prints and calibrate off the prints?

James T
09-03-2010, 4:22pm
i wish we could get a colour profile from HN/BigW/Officeworks
i have the same problem... they boost saturation and levels, and i get clipped highlights

could you do test prints and calibrate off the prints?

No point, as the machines will not be calibrated. Not after they leave the factory anyway. If you want decent prints go to a pro lab, and talk to the guys there.

If you want cheap and cheerful use the kiosk things, but don't expect quality or consistency.

FWIW I've recently switched to using Prism in North Melbourne after using Lab X in St Kilda East before that.