PDA

View Full Version : First go with new strobe

Gluggy
25-02-2010, 9:59pm
Just got my first speedlite on ebay and had to try it out. Single light from behind. I had to take out some of the distracting background that still showed, but I'm getting better. Any advice or CC always welcome. Cheers Glyn

Big Pix
25-02-2010, 10:15pm
very nice....... all you need would be some smoke to give a jazz club feel, or would that be old fashion today....... the background works for me, along with the single light..... I would also look at a vertical crop for a diffferent feel..... well done

maccaroneski
25-02-2010, 10:18pm
That's really nice and a good first effort. Maybe if you had oriented the table the other way, you could have got the table to fill the frame a little more - it looks like the scene after a musician has left the stage, and the wider table would have suggested that even more.

rwg717
25-02-2010, 10:22pm
Yep....very nice, I like it too...well done:wd:
Richard

FlippedOut
25-02-2010, 10:32pm
yeah agree with the table however the lines attract the eyes to the center... maybe look at darkening your black in PP as i notice some distracting bits in the background... overall nice first shot!

Gluggy
25-02-2010, 10:54pm
thanks for the kind words guys. I must admit I didn't intend the wood table and vertical line design, it just happened, but it works and I know what you mean by drawing your eye into the picture. I do like the idea of the horizontal table and the reference to a stage and smoke would just make the shot too. i think I'll make this a work in progres now you've sparked my interest. And thanks for pointing out the inconsistant background flippedout, I thought I'd get away with the quick and nasty brush job in PS. No tricking you guys. I've been reading up on how to darken the background using the inverse square law thingy... and will go back to the set up tomorrow night for another go.. So guess its stay tuned for this one. Thanks again for the kind words.