PDA

View Full Version : What software for instand photo printing?

Gremlin
18-02-2010, 11:55pm
Im not sure what the system is called, but at various events Ive been at theres sometimes a photographer there with a dslr lights setup etc, and they take your photo and in minutes they can have it printed and given to you?
I have a EOS 450D at present and Imsure Ive seen some Canon thing where it has an ability to connect to the pc(eeww and I just bought mac ;) ) and that pic can be input into perhaps a photoshop layer and printed or something.

Anyone know the system Im trying to explain? I know my camera might be a little lower on the food chain for this function btu Im trying to learn what the system is. And still searching hi and low for my cameras manual which Im sure was on my desk a few days ago!

Thanks in advance

Grem'

Wobbles
19-02-2010, 8:53pm
Hi Gremlin,
I think what you're looking for is "Wireless File Transfer". It is available for Canon SLR's from 40/50D up. You just need to purchase a special add-on grip see here - http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_WFT_E3A/index.shtml

Cheers
John

Gremlin
21-02-2010, 11:49pm
thanks for the reply Wobbles, thats an awesome idea. I was actually looking (read fondling) a 50D on Friday, current body is 450D so have to upgrade,
I did however find a solution theres a thing called live view where you connect the usb cable to laptop using eos sultions disk software, does same thing, but I like the wifi option, no cables!
Amazing what happens when you find your manual cds and actually read them properly (manuals and me done get along well;) )
Thanks again
Grem'