PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress Blog question

Analog6
18-02-2010, 4:29pm
How do I get the photos to show up in the blog? It says they are attached, but they are not showing on the page with the post they are attached to.
I've just set this up today, and I've worked it all out except getting the photos to show.
Can anyone help?

Charmed
18-02-2010, 5:17pm
Check directory permission
Are they appearing in Dashboard & Media Library ?

Analog6
18-02-2010, 5:25pm
Yes, they are there OK

Brodie
18-02-2010, 5:33pm
do they actually appear inside the little text box where your text is?

You need to click the "Show" button next to the images. Then your options drop down, and here you can select your size and give it a title etc. You then need to click "Insert into post" which is at the bottom.

You will then see the image inside the text box

B.

Analog6
18-02-2010, 7:07pm
NO they are not showing up there, I don't think - bear with me, I'm a real greenhorn at this. Ill just go and have a gecko.

I did it - I found a little button at the top of the post next to Insert, and that brought the photos up and let me see the link 'insert in port'.

Thanks everyone! It is at http://odillesphotos.wordpress.com/

Charmed
18-02-2010, 8:02pm
:th3: there ya go.

Analog6
19-02-2010, 6:39am
A couple more questions.

1. How do I list the links in the right hand column?

2. Does anyone know how I can get a month's calendar to show, and link it to the posts, like this guy (http://truenorthmark.wordpress.com) has done?

Charmed
19-02-2010, 7:05am

Links ...
Add New
Go Apperance, Widgets drag Links into sidebar & while there do the same for Calendar

Analog6
19-02-2010, 8:06am
Simone, you are worth more money! Thanks so much, I really appreciate the help. It's starting to look as if I know what I'm doing!

Analog6
19-02-2010, 12:48pm
Sorry, one more question.

Can you allocate posts to a page? If so, How do you do it?

Charmed
19-02-2010, 2:12pm
Sorry for delay we on bit of baby alert here, this kid keeps changing his mind about when he wants to enter the world.

Think I have some idea on what your asking, but means tinkering with code etc.
A lot also depends on template your using. Not all have the same widgets. Have a play on the widget page see what does what when you drag into sidebar.
Easy way ...

Click Posts & create categories.
Add New Posts & asign to a cat.

Appereance / Widgets
Have a look for Posts or Recent Post, something like that.

Hope that helps & makes some sence

Analog6
19-02-2010, 2:42pm
Hang on, are you in the process of having a baby? I don't mind waiting at all if you're, er, busy!

It may be the theme I'm using doesn't allow it. I'll just attach the photos to the page.

Charmed
19-02-2010, 2:48pm
Hang on, are you in the process of having a baby? I don't mind waiting at all if you're, er, busy!

It may be the theme I'm using doesn't allow it. I'll just attach the photos to the page.

:lol: god no not me, sis inlaw.
And as usual my place has become HQ for every1

So between baby alert, got my mum here along with babysitting grandson for the wend

Analog6
19-02-2010, 3:04pm
Phew! :D