PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3.6 Changes and new features (was I Don't Like ..)

Miaow
15-02-2010, 5:57pm
Ok since installed firefox 3.6 I notice when right-click a pic that properties has gone - now we have 'View Image Info' ok hmm gives some details but off course one plugin i have wont show details with it - actually it shows less info than properties used to i feel apart from a heap off added page image infor i dont need??? Hmm is there somehow to turn that off and have properties back again lol

Opanda iexif link says cant find exif on pics and its there - i have to actually save a pic to look at exif never had to before??? Opanda never showed up as not working with 3.6

ARGH i dont like 3.6 :/

I @ M
15-02-2010, 6:19pm
And ------ ad block + seems to "stuff up" a few things as well as the fact that new tabs now open next to the one that you are viewing instead of at the far right hand end of the open tabs!!!!! :angry0:

I am hoping there are some updates / fixes soon, I think they have taken a big step backwards at the moment.

Where is the link for opera ----------

Miaow
15-02-2010, 6:37pm
And ------ ad block + seems to "stuff up" a few things as well as the fact that new tabs now open next to the one that you are viewing instead of at the far right hand end of the open tabs!!!!! :angry0:

Oh yeah thats another thing that annoys me so used to them opening at the end and not next to the current tab :/

Kym
15-02-2010, 6:41pm
Cat uninstall FxIF , restart FF, the re-install it. (Tools/Addons)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5673

Its the problem, not FF
The V4 of FxIF also shows as 'EXIF Data' in the right click menu

MarkChap
15-02-2010, 6:45pm
didn't even know there was a version 3.6 ??

Miaow
15-02-2010, 6:46pm
thanks Kym that fixed up that one :th3: - but still wish said properties like used to :/

Miaow
15-02-2010, 6:47pm
Yeah Mark is a 3.6 - thats not as good as 3.5 ARGH

Kym
15-02-2010, 6:53pm
didn't even know there was a version 3.6 ??

Its only been out for a couple of weeks. Its not on the mandatory update - yet.

Miaow
15-02-2010, 6:55pm
if you look for updates it will bring it up Kym

Miaow
15-02-2010, 6:56pm
wonder if uninstall and reinstall opanda firefox plug in will help?

Kym
15-02-2010, 7:15pm
if you look for updates it will bring it up Kym

Yes, but its not 'forced' as others are.

Miaow
15-02-2010, 7:33pm
yeah true

arthurking83
15-02-2010, 8:57pm
...... as well as the fact that new tabs now open next to the one that you are viewing instead of at the far right hand end of the open tabs!!!!! :angry0:.....

OK!! :confused:

I'm not getting that!

I open up a series of new tabs via various methods(rightclick->Open in new tab, Ctrl-T, double click the tab bar..etc, and they all open at the very end of the tabs list.

strange issue indeed.

My only incompatibility so far is Histogram Viewer Add-On is not compatible with v3.6.

Kym
15-02-2010, 9:10pm

That's a settable option ... Use TMP https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122

Miaow
15-02-2010, 9:21pm
That's a settable option ... Use TMP https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122

Just installed it and its slow as - not sure i like it?

Miaow
15-02-2010, 9:23pm
the thing is why should people have to install add ons to fix up ff when 3.5 was ok and now 3.6 isn't :/

ricktas
15-02-2010, 10:21pm
the thing is why should people have to install add ons to fix up ff when 3.5 was ok and now 3.6 isn't :/

Agree, if we moved to FF 4.0 fair enough, it is a whole new version, but to break things between 'service packs' isn't good. I am still running 3.5.7 and will stick to it for the time being I think.

rwg717
15-02-2010, 10:32pm
I'm with you Cat....never could stand Firefox:angry0:
Richard

Miaow
15-02-2010, 10:35pm
Actually I love firefox - I just don't like what they have done with 3.6 :/

dbax
15-02-2010, 11:01pm
Ok since installed firefox 3.6 I notice when right-click a pic that properties has gone - now we have 'View Image Info' ok hmm gives some details but off course one plugin i have wont show details with it - actually it shows less info than properties used to i feel apart from a heap off added page image infor i dont need??? Hmm is there somehow to turn that off and have properties back again lol

Opanda iexif link says cant find exif on pics and its there - i have to actually save a pic to look at exif never had to before??? Opanda never showed up as not working with 3.6

ARGH i dont like 3.6 :/

AHHH so its not just me , thanks for posting this Cat

Cat uninstall FxIF , restart FF, the re-install it. (Tools/Addons)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5673

Its the problem, not FF
The V4 of FxIF also shows as 'EXIF Data' in the right click menu

Thanks for the work around Kym, worked first time:th3::th3::th3:

rellik666
16-02-2010, 9:52am
Oh....didn't know either...I will stick with 3.5.7

Thanks for the info!

Roo

Kym
16-02-2010, 12:57pm
Like any browser a new version you get new features. Its life with software.

RE: The new tabs opening next to current tab. There are two fixes:

a) http://www.firefoxfacts.com/2010/01/22/firefox-3-6-fix-open-new-tabs-in-far-right/ (Adjust the user settings)

Make New Tab Pages Open in the Far Right of the Tab Bar

Type about:config in the address bar. Then, if needed click the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
Next, in the filter box – type in:
tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent
Right-click that about:config entry, and select “Toggle”

This will convert Firefox back to loading opening a new tab from a web page on the far right of the tab bar, rather than right next to the tab you opened it from.

To switch back, follow these same steps and toggle the “false” back to “true”.

b) Use the Tab Mix Plus addon which supercharges Tabs (I Use it)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122

Miaow
16-02-2010, 1:40pm
Thanks Kym - did that and ok now :th3: disabled the tabs mix added when posted yesterday - the italics on the inactive ones was weird lol