PDA

View Full Version : BSoD

Gregg Bell
14-02-2010, 1:58am
I got it this morning on my Dell mini 9 :(. Microsoft this is the last straw! the straw that broke the camels back. Funny how it updated last night, and now my little lappy can't find the hard drive. I never really liked XP, sadly I lost this years outgoings that I did 3 days ago... oh well.

Im looking at whacking on OS X, any Apple know how much Ram is required? I got 2 gb. Thought about getting a 4gb SODIMM 200 pin, if I have to.

arthurking83
14-02-2010, 12:20pm
LOL!

:lol2:

For approx 7 years I had XP pro running on my Athlon3200 system without ever having any issues(with Windows).

occasional software clashing issues but never WinXP.

rock solid and stable as the RoG(Gibraltar!!).

had many power outages whilst in the middle of doing something, and the systems till refused to give me troubles.

The only problem I had was that after so long without any OS refreshes, and a myriad of software installations/deletions/trials/etc.. the PC became slower over time.

It's just weird to see someone having troubles with XP.

ricktas
14-02-2010, 12:25pm
good luck finding a 4gb SODIMM 200 pin. From memory they only came in 2GB max.

Gregg Bell
14-02-2010, 2:55pm
LOL!

:lol2:

For approx 7 years I had XP pro running on my Athlon3200 system without ever having any issues(with Windows).

occasional software clashing issues but never WinXP.

rock solid and stable as the RoG(Gibraltar!!).

had many power outages whilst in the middle of doing something, and the systems till refused to give me troubles.

The only problem I had was that after so long without any OS refreshes, and a myriad of software installations/deletions/trials/etc.. the PC became slower over time.

It's just weird to see someone having troubles with XP.

The XP I have is legitimate, the problem I have found with XP with all its updates, in comparison to mandriva, is how slow, and laggy it is, its a real snail in terms of efficiency and speed. I have a Vista 32-bit system on my computer, and have for 4 years, and I have never had a hiccup with it. However in recent times, XP keeps failing on me, so I don't know...

Its very annoying to know that XP won't work because it can't find the hard drive.

good luck finding a 4gb SODIMM 200 pin. From memory they only came in 2GB max.

They actually do come in 4GB but you end up paying quite abit for it. About $500 for the kingston one.