PDA

View Full Version : trio

skorpian31
13-02-2010, 9:30am
Hi, my mum in law has asked for a photo of my three babies together, but as two are crawling and one running and I have limeted space, I thought I would combine three seperate photos into one.
She wants the photo to put on placemats as a present for her mum in law in may, so I have to get everything done quickly.
Attached is my first attempt.
The babies where asleep in a baby swing covered in black materiel.
Note this is a quick tiff edit, I will do final manipulations on the RAW files when I have worked out if I like the composition and have worked on any improvements.
Any cc and ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Louhttp://i46.tinypic.com/2ebrf9c.jpg

Miaow
15-02-2010, 2:29pm
Looks good - though if for a present maybe trying to get them awake would be good?

skorpian31
17-02-2010, 7:37am
Yeah that was my first option too, trouble is that the girls love the camera and tripod, so the first thing they do is to crawl straight towards me
I've tried following them around with the camera too, but want a simple background so that I can merge the three photos in photoshop..its the only way I can picture getting the three girls all smiling in one photo!

Anyone with any tips for this portait..I would love to hear from you! (I know, never work with animels r children!!)

ricktas
17-02-2010, 7:42am
Even if they are alseep, I would find I was more 'engaged' with the resultant photo, if I could see their eyelids more. So maybe get in closer, and try and get their heads front on?

skorpian31
18-02-2010, 7:58am
Thanks, I will give that a go!

Lani
18-02-2010, 8:49am
What about putting them in separate frames as a triptych, so they are a bit separated? I agree with Rick though, you need to get in a lot closer, and frame the shots so their nappies aren't so evident.
Good on you for even having the time to take pics, I reckon you must have your hands full. :D

skorpian31
18-02-2010, 5:50pm
THanks for the comment Lani!

Yes, I am very busy and theese shots are needed ASAP but the girls are teething....
so getting a lot of photos of them crying unless they are asleep.:lol2:

Will ask MIL if your suggestion would work ok, that way I'm thinking I wouldn't have to get them all on the black background, as long as the background is similar.
I will post results as soon as I get any good ones!

Cheers, Lou