PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella Hot Shoe Bracket and FlexTT5

domo
12-02-2010, 10:24pm
Hey does anybody have set up with a speedlite mounted on a flextt5 on a umbrella bracket. i am wondering because the flex is an extra inch or so higher does that effect in a bad way where the flash head is pointing into the umbrella as it would be raised an inch more than normal?
So any brackets and set ups that people have could you please share, as i am really keen to get umbrellas and Westcott softbox

Omytion
12-03-2010, 6:38pm
I have the same setup and beause I'm lazy and sloppy it doesn't bother me at all. If you're shooting on manual you can adjust the flash spread and I can't imagine it's going to make a huge difference.

What is a lot of fun though is when you're shooting on a breezy beach and the wind catches the umbrella and throws everything down the rocks, snapping the hotshoe mount on the PW.

(I know this is unrelated but if it happens to anyone, contact PW in the US and get them to ship some replacement hotshoes from the states for about 10 bucks each. Don't pay 30-50 which is what I got quoteed from a supplier in Oz.)